My first project is not off to a very good start...

I decided against it and am going to look at the Skyline next, still cheap at $150. (relatively). It "looks" more comfortable for me 6ft/200lbs. And what I have read it is "easily" converted.

The old skyliner motored easily and only needed a front mount fabricated. The new ones seem to have a smaller diamond area but I haven't tried to fit a motor in yet. It may actually work better with the new unround, straightish downtube.

Please post some pictures of your build if yours is going to be on the new style.

You can try taking out the air,breaking the seal,soap it all up and pump it back up a little at a time till it just seats,then with the low pressure spin the tire seating it as your turning with your hands till it wobbles less and less as youir putting a little more air in it. If done right,by the time it's fully inflated it should at least be less wobbly if not wobbly at all anymore.
(Not a rant,but were with little moderation at this time. Some of our members are on dial up and a youtube video like that above plays havock on them members. It's much easier on everyone if you post a you tube link instead of posting the video.)
Overall,you get what you payed for. It's still a nice bike,but go to your local bike shop some day and check out what a 600 dollar bike looks like.
You'll INSTANLY fall in love.

I've found $100 bikes need a lot of care and tuneups for the first while but afterward you're fine. I agree with large about the tires, they're probably fine as long as the rims aren't bent. If his method doesn't help remove the tires and tubes completely and redo. Check that the rubber ribbon protecting the tube from the spoke ends is in good position and condition and even wrap with some electrical or vinyl tape. It's probably best to just upgrade the tubes anyways. Be sure to tighten and lube EVERYTHING!

Good luck, have fun motoring.

Thanks Abeagle, but I filled the tires up to to 50 PSI(the range stated on the tire was 40-65). And did the videoes and the test ride after filling the tires. I already got a replacement bike from Walmart and am happy with the bike, It seems fine and healthy. Just waiting for the engine to come.
WOAH. You will BLOW your tires at that PSI. Bring it down to 35 PSI with engine. Yes,it seems a bit low but with engine at constant speed pressure will build up.
Without motor your bike has a chance to cool down. Unless your Neil Armstrong on a cruiser,you won't usually pedal at a constant speed for an extended time. With engine you most certanly will.
Believe me it won't be a simple flat fix. It would be more of a ruined shredded inner tube explosion.

Large, I respectfully beg to differ. He's still 15 psi under the recommendation. I run the tires on the Trek in that range, and put a lot of long miles on it at 20 - 30 mph. I do run what I consider to be high quality tires on it. This is perhaps an area where reasonable people can disagree?

I had the same problem with an old bike of mine. Its just the rear wheel isn't trued, in other words your alignment is off.

I run 55psi on all of my MB and none have yet blown up, yet. Most ChinaMart bikes don't come with trued wheels and adding rear sprocket and tightening up the neoprene sprocket thingies makes things worse.

I run 55psi on all of my MB and none have yet blown up, yet. Most ChinaMart bikes don't come with trued wheels and adding rear sprocket and tightening up the neoprene sprocket thingies makes things worse.
All this sounds about right to me!

If a tube busts when in the manufacturer's range, the rider musta jumped off a 3ft tall wall.

Back