my first

im used to riding mopeds. i have 78 vespa bravo. this ones nothing cool. i just painted the tank a bit. i know the pics dark, if you guys want brighter ones i can up some tomorrow. i built this yesterday...now if only it would start...

Attachments

• 204341519_679312686_0.jpeg
    204341519_679312686_0.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 511
  • 204342345_679315592_0.jpeg
    204342345_679315592_0.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 286
Whatever the problem with the engine is, the answer is probably around here somewere. You'll get her goin.

this ones nothing cool.
...now if only it would start...

nothing cool? are you kidding? its black with a skull. how much cooler can you get? :devilish:
it looks good to me. once you have done some searching and still cant come up with an answer, then post a specific 'wont start' tech issue in the Tech lobby, we'll help you get 'er runnin'. ;)

yup, nice. check out the "happy time owner's manual" thoroughly...wiring, clutch, carb, etc...

i couldnt get mine started either after i built it. ended up giving it full choke and it came to life. you have probably already done this but i didnt think of it till i was ready to give up lol

i got it started tonight. rode it for 45 seconds then the chain broke :mad: it was a fun 45 seconds though...

sounds like the master link clip was facing the wrong way
it should be open toward rear ("C") when on top of loop

youre probably right. like i said im a moped guy and my vespa uses a belt drive. its good information to have though, ill know next time.
okay this is a dumb question, but when idling (like at a stop sign) does the clutch have to be in (like on a car) or will it idle with the clutch out?

thanks guys! this is one of the nicest forums ive been on.

Back