my for-real winter/show/hot-rod trike project

ah shucks! thanks guys! what a group!! ya meet the coolest people on a motoredbike!!

Oh boy! Gonna have some serious fun with this one Augi... and a worksman at that!! Must say, I'm envious but glad for you; Wavy, you rock man!!!!

Project Complete?

I was wondering if this trike project was completed? I am starting a similiar project.

Typhoon

yup, i saw...and i'm gonna be watching the drive-train evolve with a lot of interest :)

the worksman's in the garage waiting for the right combo of people, parts, & time.

the yamaha's sitting in the corner of the kitchen rarin' to go.

the build's not even started yet...but still a reality :cool:

this will be something for don and me to work on thru the winter...i'm not even gonna try to pretend it's my "commuter"...this will be for show or official runs only. i haven't measured the yamaha, it runs great, my research says approx 125cc. was asking for help to id the frame...found what i needed to know...looks like i got me a worksman!!!

can you say "wild in the streets?"

wavygravy...you rock!!

Admiral Bird is under way! :rolleyes:

at last...

well, i got enuff grunge offa it to see a lot of wear & tear, including a clean break at the chainstays/seattube. a great repair was done, but with square tubing. since the originality of the trike's already out the window, i hacked the cargo-rack off today. here's a mock-up on the bench, i'm gonna stare at it a lot before i cut anything else...i'm thinkin' an 8" crank-forward stretch and a bit more rake. engine options abound :helmet:

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 11,152
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 211
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 233
Augi great project. I may join the trike team after my current build. Im also diggin the bike bench. Four years ago I scrapped my bike stand and makeshift frame jig for my walk around bike table. We never have to bend over, everythings at eye level, tools rite there at the end of the table. You can set your tools and parts on the table in front of you. Welding while standing straight. Yes, yes bike and bench gooooood.

I just have to find myself a recliner like yours. LOL

Attachments

• bench_examples.jpg
    bench_examples.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited: