my Hardly Davidson is done

I finally finished my latest cruiser. Well, not quite finished yet....still waiting for my local decal guy to make me some "Hardly Davidson" decals for the chainguards. This one has a Power King 80 engine, but I engraved 48cc on the clutch cover to keep the cops happy.....and from what I've been hearing in here, it sounds like 48cc is a bit closer to the truth than 80cc on these Power King engines anyways. I haven't tried it out yet, but I plan on taking it for a run tonight. I hope it runs as well as my Dax 70.

Pete
1548_Picture_161_1.jpg

1548_Picture_168_1.jpg

1548_Picture_166_1.jpg

1548_Picture_164_1.jpg

nice!

what a beauty!

the fire engine red and white walls are quite splendid.

Sorry about the powerking, i am glad to have a dax!

Happy trails... :cool:

Re: nice!

quay1962 said:
Sorry about the powerking, i am glad to have a dax!

Happy trails... :cool:

Yeah, you know I haven't figured out what's wrong with the engine yet. I just haven't had the time to look into it. I did build my brothers bike yesterday using the other Power King 80 engine I bought. His runs superbly.....possibly quicker than my Dax, and very smoothly. So mine musta been built late on a friday or something. I'll look into it next week and try to get it sorted out. My guess is that it's a clearance issue on some component on the output/clutch shaft because there's lots of noise coming from the rear of the engine when the clutch is engaged...yet, the engine seems to run properly when the clutch is pulled in. I'm not quite prepared to call the Power Kings junk yet, but I will admit I ran into a few more obstacles installing them than I did with my Dax's. I might do up a bit of a report on that later and post it once I figure out my engine prob. I luv the pics of your bike.....that shot on the beach is awesome. Does it power thru the sand well?

beauty bike, lotsa' :)

the beach riding question: the sand up here is very fine, when dry it's impossible to get a bicycle thru. the low tide, however, exposes a surprisingly firm surface that is no problem at all...

i managed a half-*ssed donut yesterday on the wet stuff, but no way to get a roostertail on the dry, she just digs in & dies...sure was fun trying tho 8)

we'd surely appreciate a consumer's report on your engine :)

augidog said:
i managed a half-*ssed donut yesterday on the wet stuff, but no way to get a roostertail on the dry, she just digs in & dies...sure was fun trying tho 8)

donuts in the sand :LOL: ....these bikes bring out the 'kid' in all of us !!! 8) 8) 8)

here too, but i guess it'd have to be a "legal" donut to be "illegal" :LOL: and, i did make sure to stay below the high-tide line out of respect.

please excuse the cross-talk, lotsa_mpg...carry on :)

Back