my Hardly Davidson is done

I finally finished my latest cruiser. Well, not quite finished yet....still waiting for my local decal guy to make me some "Hardly Davidson" decals for the chainguards. This one has a Power King 80 engine, but I engraved 48cc on the clutch cover to keep the cops happy.....and from what I've been hearing in here, it sounds like 48cc is a bit closer to the truth than 80cc on these Power King engines anyways. I haven't tried it out yet, but I plan on taking it for a run tonight. I hope it runs as well as my Dax 70.

Pete
1548_Picture_161_1.jpg

1548_Picture_168_1.jpg

1548_Picture_166_1.jpg

1548_Picture_164_1.jpg

I thank you all for your suggestions and ideas....and I tried some more things today again...including checking the crankcase bolts...I made a new intake gasket yesterday and though the original might have been leaking ever so slightly, installing the new one did not improve it any. I'm starting to think that those lines in my cylinder might be causing a prob even tough I've seen far far worse ones that did not inhibit performance on many of the snowmobiles I've worked on. I think I'm just gonna park this rig for now and wait for a new pot and piston. Sometimes you just have to get your mind off of a problem for awhile, and then the solution will come......least that's what works best for me. So, I guess I'm back on my green Dax for a few weeks.

Pete

PS: I still have not contacted the seller about the probs I've been having with this engine and probably I should.....but this has got me so perplexed that I want to figure out what's causing it rather than just bolt a replacement engine on. The supplier may or may not be willing to play ball because I painted the case and cylinder...that likely voids any warranty.

Pete - How are you doing? I was wondering if you got the new Cylinder yet. My Kings engine was the worst one to get running, runs good now. But I have a engine from another outfit and it flew to pieces first week, so you can't blame the one you are getting it from, I also think you can get a Friday engine. When you get the new Cylinder see if it has the ports at the same height. There is a pic of a Russian engine that Vax has posted, it has the most radical porting ever for one of these small engines, but you can't do it on a China engine.

I spoke with an officer one day (Oregon State) about driving on the beach. He said that the entire western coastline, from the low to the high tide line, is technically Public Highway 1. Anyone can drive on the beach between the tides. There is, then, the problem of crossing the dry sand in between, but he said that you can drive anything on the wet stuff as it is a public road. Just thought it was weird, but interesting. That aside, did you ever get that engine running right, or at least figure out what was wrong with it? Would be interesting to know.

Back