my Hardly Davidson is done

I finally finished my latest cruiser. Well, not quite finished yet....still waiting for my local decal guy to make me some "Hardly Davidson" decals for the chainguards. This one has a Power King 80 engine, but I engraved 48cc on the clutch cover to keep the cops happy.....and from what I've been hearing in here, it sounds like 48cc is a bit closer to the truth than 80cc on these Power King engines anyways. I haven't tried it out yet, but I plan on taking it for a run tonight. I hope it runs as well as my Dax 70.

Pete
1548_Picture_161_1.jpg

1548_Picture_168_1.jpg

1548_Picture_166_1.jpg

1548_Picture_164_1.jpg

looking good :D
not sure how long your tires will stay white tho :p
could we get some close-ups of air cleaner?, that cover looks interesting

That thing is screaming to be ridin.... put some miles on it already! 8)

azkronic said:
looking good :D
not sure how long your tires will stay white tho :p
could we get some close-ups of air cleaner?, that cover looks interesting

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the air cleaner, Bill. It was my first attempt at building a housing from scratch.....and I'm not particularly proud of the fit and finish, but the filter seals well. I'll likely build a nicer one now that I know it can be done. The filter is a Tecumseh part # 36745. I do a fair bit of gravel road riding in lots of dust and I thought a paper element would do a better job of filtering out the fine road dust than the stock foam filter which looks like it came straight off a weedeater. I built it so that it's covered on the top side mainly to keep it from getting wet if I happen to leave the bike parked outside in the rain. I left the bottom open as I didn't see any reason why it needed to be fully enclosed. And yep, those whitewalls will be plenty dirty by tomorrow if that PK engine runs good.

Pete

1548_Picture_171_1.jpg

1548_Picture_170_1.jpg

just an idea... that would look sweeter made out of aluminum dimond plate 8)

locoWelder said:
just an idea... that would look sweeter made out of aluminum dimond plate 8)

Yes, it definately would....and I just happen to have a decent sized chunk of the stuff which I was originally planning to use. Problem is, I don't have the proper equipment to weld aluminum. I'm going to see how this one works and if it seems ok, I'll cut out some pieces of diamond plate using this one as a pattern and take it down to my local welding guru and get him to weld it up.

Pete

locoWelder said:
luke_mcmahon85 said:
how do you bend the sheetmetal?

you use a brake..... I have one like this at my shop
1271_TAB320_1.png

a shop, a shop,
my kingdom for a shop
I would love to have access to proper tools...me n vinnie do all our stuff with a dremel, a drill, and a propane torch
:LOL: :p :LOL: :p :LOL: :p :LOL:

nice! Ok, since you painted the cylinder black, take some fine-ish sandpaper and sand the very edges of the fins silver. I think that will look good. :D

Back