My Hardly Davidson so far

RedGreen

Local time
3:16 PM
So, It's been about 3 months now and I really like this bike!
But, I have had a few of the normal problems. Bolts coming loose and such.
If you get the repro Monarch double spring fork use the RED loctite. Those bolts are expensive and hard to find.
The frame is a 1940 Elgin and it is long and the ride is much better and more stable than my previous creation. The rear cruiser brake hub with the flange attached to make it easier to mount a drive sprocket folded up on me so I changed it out with the other one I had that had been used a year longer and it's still working fine. I will have to take the hub apart and see if I can fix it.

Attachments

• HPIM0072.jpg
    HPIM0072.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 1,594
  • HPIM0075.jpg
    HPIM0075.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 689
Yes very nice proportions and attention to detail. I bet it's lots of fun to ride:)

So, It's been about 3 months now and I really like this bike!
But, I have had a few of the normal problems. Bolts coming loose and such.
If you get the repro Monarch double spring fork use the RED loctite. Those bolts are expensive and hard to find.
The frame is a 1940 Elgin and it is long and the ride is much better and more stable than my previous creation. The rear cruiser brake hub with the flange attached to make it easier to mount a drive sprocket folded up on me so I changed it out with the other one I had that had been used a year longer and it's still working fine. I will have to take the hub apart and see if I can fix it.

very nice!

cheers:)

Bob

Hey RedGreen---It looks like we got kicked by the same mule-you gave me an idea to replace the blade fork on my classic Schwinn frame with my Rollfast spring fork before I have it powder coated.($40, highly reccommend) Do you have trouble with restricted gas feed full throttle? I plan on removing the screen and using an inline filter. Beats a fried engine from a lean run. Keith(trackfodder)Williams

Nicely detailed. I like the panel plates abaft the seat-post - might be useful to make up a tool box there like some of the older bikes used to have.

Some of the Ace bikes had a toolbox mounted within top of the fuel tank.

I have to say that the cruiser frame I have is alot more stable than the MTB frame I used to have - more weight and longer track..

hope you enjoy riding it

Jemma xx

great looking machine kind of reminds me of a 1930s french terrot bike i have been slowly restoring.

Back