My Huffy Cranbrook

It is about time I posted my ride. It's been a long time coming. Only the engine, throttle, rear rim, clutch and exhaust were bought new. The rest are used or dumpster finds. Yes, she's a jalopy but she runs.

148606146649873208354.jpg

Last edited:
Needs a rear brake, a few spokes are bent from the rag joint and the front shocks have a little wobble to it :(. i had the old bell welded and it broke finally after 4 months and didn't look good enough to weld on again...was a little warped. Have almost a month on the new bell, so far so good. also swapped the 415 chain for 410, accelerates quicker. had issues with the stock huffy parts and slowly been swapping out. The specialized front rim and handlebars were from a busted barracuda in a dumpster. Handguards were found in another dumpster. Works great blocking the wind :D.

Needs a rear brake, a few spokes are bent from the rag joint and the front shocks have a little wobble to it :(. i had the old bell welded and it broke finally after 4 months and didn't look good enough to weld on again...was a little warped. Have almost a month on the new bell, so far so good. also swapped the 415 chain for 410, accelerates quicker. had issues with the stock huffy parts and slowly been swapping out. The specialized front rim and handlebars were from a busted barracuda in a dumpster. Handguards were found in another dumpster. Works great blocking the wind :D.

When you upgrade the fork, the arch brace from the current one can be cut off including the v brake posts, so you can use it as a brake arch for the rear.
I keep trying to find the picture that was posted on here of someone's bike set up with that, but no luck. I think they just used P clips or even jubilee clips (hose clamps) and a central bolt at the top, so there was no need to drill or weld on the frame at all.

Last edited:
Love it! I just got into the world of motorized bicycles when our family car got repo'ed back this last march and picked up an unfinished Cranbrook build from a high school kid - Chinese 66/80cc stock build.

I did the #415 to #41 chain, back to the #415 after master link lost it's clip about a month ago. I've had nothing but issues with fiddling with the coaster hub and ive been thinking of going with a freewheel and get rid of the rag joint.

What's with the flywheel looking thing on yours?

What fork did you go with?

Are you having any issues with the axle chewing the rear dropouts?

Any rear bearing issues?

The rear wheel was nothing but issues so I swapped it out for a freewheel with rim brake. The front fork is a suntour xcm30 with a 1" threaded headtube. It allows rim brakes (non u-type) or disc brake. Has awesome travel. The flywheel-looking thing is my transfer case for my 53cc 4 stroke.

Back