My Jag

this is my Jaguar,
I hope you like it :)
I have done many upgrades to it
front wheel is a sturmey-archer X-FD drum brake hub, alexrims double-wall rim
back wheel is a formula disc hub laced to rhyno-lite double-wall rim, zip-tied spokes (my LBS called it 'bombproof' :D)
handlebars, trimmed 2" (each side)
severe set-back seatpost (I am 6'1", it fits me perfect now)
triple sprung seat
black springers
old school 'newsboy' rack
kenda flames front & rear (26x2.125)
custom 12v lighting front n rear

driveline - 70cc Livefast engine,custom bent exhaust (shoots it straight down,,,better for trailer passengers)...painted high heat semi-gloss back ,,, almost 1000 miles on it, installed after spooky ralley in march
rear sprocket is a 40 tooth with center cut out so I could mount it inside a rotor (see pics)
it will pull 80 lbs of granddaughters at 25mph all day long
I hit 38 (37.8) during the death race but generally cruise 22-25

a couple more pics are here
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u38/azkronic/Jaguar/

Attachments

• Jaguarsideview.jpg
    Jaguarsideview.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Jaguarfrontrightview.jpg
    Jaguarfrontrightview.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 997
  • engineleftside.jpg
    engineleftside.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 779
  • rearwheelrightside.jpg
    rearwheelrightside.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 854
  • sprocketmountrearview.jpg
    sprocketmountrearview.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • trailerrightside.jpg
    trailerrightside.jpg
    590.6 KB · Views: 859
Last edited:
Pretty cool azbill!! I always wondered if the exhaust would get to the kids on a trailer so never tried it. Great Jag.

Awesome bike, Bill!!!

your sprocket mounting is pure genius! that solved the chain alignment issue nicely!! Looks rock solid!!

It's so cool, the girls liking to ride.

thanks all :D:D My baby is running like a top, and I haven't done nuthin but fuel her up for over 500 miles (YAY!!!)

Graucho, I bought the post, seat, forks, and sturmey hub from Spookytooth...over the space of a year
the post was less than 10$

Dave, I am so glad the girls love it, they are the reason I got into motors in the first place, I pull them so much, it feels almost funny when I go solo !:LOL:
the sprocket is working really well...at first, I used washers as spacers, but have since changed to 2 nuts between the rotor and sprocket...seems to less flex now (the bolts have no side play at all)

hellbilly, I have been pulling them for 1.5 yrs, and am still constantly asking them if they smell anything, they always say 'no',,,
their dad (azvinnie),has a long chopper pipe on his stingray and they DO smell it when he pulls them

Last edited:
azbill,

do the kids mind the noise from the engine, any time i start up my 32cc gebe my 4 year old runs for the hills.

How those the trailer stand up to speed,it looks very like the one i bought from wally world and the wheels on mine are held in by just lock pins.

vegas, I have been pulling that trailer for 3+ yrs
well over 3000 miles on it (nylon getting raggedy, it is soon to be converted to a cargo trailer)
they both fall asleep regularly in it, so I guess it's not TOO loud :D
have never had any probs with the trailer, other than 2 flats

love it just great bill ..i like your upgrades iam goin to nicks a few of your ideals if that ok like the back brakes can u inform how you got that disk on and the brakes cas i realy cant use the stock back brakes on my jag cas it tooo heavy i bet you can....
better brakes = safer riding

Sa-weeet!

Bill, couple of questions:
Why did you tie-wrap the spokes where they cross?
Neat tires! Are they Kevlar? Where did they come from?
How did you prep the motor for painting?

Give us a list of your upgrades and modifications, please!

I bought the seat post from Spooky a few days ago - looking forward to sitting further back...is it comfortable?

Thanks,
Mark

Back