My Klunker

I've ridden it several times now, maybe 30 or 40 miles total, zero issues because of the knowledge base on this forum, thanks to all for posting and sharing
20190611_162324.jpg
20190611_162442.jpg

How's it ride with the triple tree forks?

I don't have any point of reference for a comparison to another style fork on a MAB,
I would say it rides well with no discernable flex while braking, IMO it's the way to go, I was not impressed with the steerer tube provided so I made a replacement, if I were to order them again I would get the chopper length and cut them to size.

I don't have any point of reference for a comparison to another style fork on a MAB,
I would say it rides well with no discernable flex while braking, IMO it's the way to go, I was not impressed with the steerer tube provided so I made a replacement, if I were to order them again I would get the chopper length and cut them to size.
That's good news, I get my new forks today so I'm excited to try them out. How long are the forks you got? I think mine are 24" I was thinking of the longer ones and cutting them to but with shipping and duty to Canada I went the cheaper route. I also found a st that had the dual riser for the handle bars instead of using a stem.
Thanks for the input. Your bike looks really good.
How much gas does that tank hold?

That's good news, I get my new forks today so I'm excited to try them out. How long are the forks you got? I think mine are 24" I was thinking of the longer ones and cutting them to but with shipping and duty to Canada I went the cheaper route. I also found a st that had the dual riser for the handle bars instead of using a stem.

I'll measure the fork length when I get home from work, the tank is 3.5L and is tall but narrow enough to not interfere with pedaling.
What does the "duel riser" set up look like?

Here's a pic of the forks with the dual riser. I thought about these but figured it would require different handle bars for the dual clamps.

s-l400 (1).jpg

Tube is 23.15 inches long to center of axle, clamps are .63 inches thick

Back