My latest build (Mark 2)

Hello everyone, just thought you might like to some pictures of my latest build. Well here goes...

249_5_1.jpg
249_3_1.jpg

249_7_1.jpg
249_6_1.jpg

249_2_1.jpg
249_4_1.jpg

249_8_1.jpg

249_1_1.jpg

249_20_1.jpg

249_22_1.jpg

249_18_1.jpg
249_3_2.jpg

249_5_2.jpg
249_9_1.jpg

249_4_2.jpg

249_6_2.jpg

249_13_1.jpg

Will post some more for everyone when i finish Mark 3....

Lots of cool stuff going on. Creative use of epoxy putty, custom (motorcycle?) twist grip. Very crisp use of technology ( brakes, shift etc). Looks like you might have to have a pilots license to fly that thing.

Not one you let your buddies try out for a spin.

Excellent photos. Do the police notice you there in UK?

Regards, Scottco

Glad you noticed the epoxy putty, man that has be be the most usefull invention ever created (second to a cycle motor offcourse). I use it everywhere on everything.

One of the problems it helped me overcome on this build was the fact that i was faced with the dilema of either removing all the cabling for the brakes, gears entirely or removing them and placing them in sheath that covers them their entire length completely.

This is because the cable runs along the top of the frame where the tank should sit and if not covered in sheath everything jams and grinds to a halt.

While sitting and looking at the problem for an hour i came up with the idea of making a mould that sits over the exposed cables so the tank would sit on the mould and the cable would be able to move freely. And hey presto, No need the take them off, No need the cover them in sheath. Sometimes the simplest ideas work the best.

249_2_1.jpg

I have a formula for police and here it is:

POLICE = KILL SWITCH + PEDDLE LIKE MAD + BIG WHOPPING SMILE

It is a scientific formula thats been proven here in the U.K...

No seriously ive never been stopped or had a problem where i live..

Cyclemotors

Is your bike illegal to operate in the UK ? Can you make it legal ? One more item that I would add to your formula for dealing with police is a good mirror . The only time that I was ever stopped and lectured was when I didn't see them sneak up behind me . I installed mirrors that same week . The putty is a great idea ............................ D.J.

Thanks for the tip D.J, i did try fitting a mirror once but all i could see was my shoulder, i seem to be having trouble finding one with a longer stem.

we drive on the right side of the road here in the uk and the mirrors that can be fitted to the end of the handlebar wont work for me because it would have to be fitted to the right side where my accelarator is fitted.

Im not sure if its 100% legal or not because it can still just be used as a bike with no engine power whatsover. Plus they are very rare in the U.K so maybe if they were more common things will get a little hotter i suppose.

The work bench/bikestand made of two chairs is "a highly sophisticated piece of technical enginuity" i came up with after suffering terrible back ache from building my first bike motor setup. :LOL:

cyclemotors said:
The work bench/bikestand made of two chairs is "a highly sophisticated piece of technical enginuity" i came up with after suffering terrible back ache from building my first bike motor setup. :LOL:

just noticed your workstand. very good idea!

Bike in Kitchen

Good use of apoxy, be very careful with bike in the kitchen. Learn from my mistake.
72_sonja_hammer_bike_3_1_2.jpg

Hammer in proximity to bike

That hammer on the counter top is way too close to bike. This will encourage impulsive motore bike jelousy, resulting in possible seriously bodily harm to the bike. The chairs as a stand is not only a bad idea but a horribly bad idea.

Back