my little workshop

JerboaJohn

here's where I make my parts and fix things. yes it's in my apartment lol. a lot of effort to clean up after doing anything, but I do what I have to bcs where i live to enjoy the mb hobby... wish i had a garage! bikes are outside on the balcony/porch. i live on 2nd floor.
anyone like to share your workspace?
20181219_202316.jpg

FurryOnTheInside

I really like your workshop! I have mine in the cellar room under my apartment. It's supposedly a second bedroom, but it's far too cold and damp to sleep in. It isn't a great environment for metals but hopefully it will get better soon when the windows are fixed. I put some hardboard sheets on the carpet to prevent any burns from sparks and debris.
No photos right now as it's been rearranged to let the landlord come in and fix the windows. I'll post a picture when I get it back to (or close to) how I normally have it. :)

Nice drill, btw. What're you working on, there? :) Also are you using WD40 as a cutting fluid? I'm still limited to a cordless drill, lol, and I like aerosol silicone lube as cutting fluid.
I like your cute bench grinder too, mine's a bit huge for what I do.
Mind if I ask what is on the left hand table? :)

Old Busted Hotness

dump.jpg

16x20 detached garage. With the snowblower, lawn mower, BBQ, toolbox, welder, stacks of snow tires, etc etc etc, there's just about enough room for the bike, on a good day. The overhead door is too narrow to put a car in there without folding the mirrors (and it's falling off the tracks anyway) so I replaced it with a man door. It really needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

JerboaJohn

left is my 7" lathe. on the drill press is a custom head for HT engine. roughing in the fins now b4 mill them to spec. the 118cc Lifan motor is just waiting for a frame to sit in.
wd40 is ok on aluminum bcs it's light but anything steel, it's not great bc of heat.

busted hotness, if u die can I get your workshop? i could do 5 bikes at the same time with that space lol and sleep in there