My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i make camp, 60% of the load gets stowed in the tent...only stuff stays in the trunk full-time is tools/spare parts...i never split it, it handles really nice, and carries whatever i need for day-excursions, groceries, etc...

but, that means almost all my personal possessions are up for grabs while i'm gone...and i just don't trust this local crowd.

i was told the park was patrolled, but i haven't seen a single cop in 2 days :(

no biggie, actually...it's gonna rain for the next few days...so i'm stocked up and i grabbed a coupla paperbacks at the american legion...time to dig in...as usual, i expect to be just fine.

i really appreciate y'all keeping pace and riding along...this is turning out to be a lot fun :cool:

Last edited:
on the bright side...

there's a popular dog-run at the park...mucho fun :D

EDIT: the rains have begun

Attachments

• Photo05251047.jpg
    Photo05251047.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
a random act & general good luck

yknow, i got this camping thing down...warm & dry, snug as a bug...it must look pretty silly big old guy squatting over his tiny boyscout stove & mess-kit...on the way to the grocery store the front wheel does some bad sh-tuff, ruhroh! toasted bearings...

i pull onto the sidewalk under an awning (now you know why i carry parts & tools full-time) and with the parts from the extra hub i rebuild it then & there. i missed the adjustment when i changed the front-end at Rif's place DOH!

on to the grocers', sweaty and disheveled, already both after a week in a tent w/o hot water.

ravioli $1 a can, raman 4 for a buck...a fiver & plenty of hot chow. in line...the express lane, except the gal being served wasn't into the game...the rest of us, sighs & scowls all 'round...finally she figures out how to transact and the line starts to move again. i make a good natured "too bad i left my pea-shooter back at the tent"...which amused the gal in front of me immensely. as the clerk was ringing her order, he missed the divider and started to ring up my ravioli too...me and gal look at each other...i say "well, thank you" with a wink...hehe. back to not paying attention, now it's my turn, the clerk hands me my chow, says "that lady told me to charge her for it"...i didn't get to catch her and thank her or tell her she had helped a veteran. that random act still has me grinnin' to this very moment.

after coffee, i tore down that front wheel to make double sure i got it right this time...i do.

just thought i'd share the wee bit of activity there is right now...

i LOVE the United States of America...so full of the most entertaining & uplifting encounters despite her troubles :cool:

Last edited:
Augi, Lets Hope She Don`t Try Sneaking Into The Tent Tonite Looking For A Reward! That Was Cool Of Her. I Bought Some Rose`s For My Girl Friend Yrs Ago At The Market, A Beautifu Gal Next In Line Smiled So Nice At Me!!! In The Parking Lot, I Said Here, These Are For You!! More Smile`s And She Said Thank You, I Thought They Were For Someone Else!!! I Forgot To Tell The Girl Friend!! He He Snork. Ron

i seriously doubt i am looking (or smelling) very attractive right now, so let's chalk it up to charity...the thankless kind no less, all the more kind for being so :)

btw-i hope the girfriend don't read MBc or you'll need more than roses to get out of hot water hehe.

mmmm....hot water...

Augi, I Have Been Working On A New Air Freshner Scent. It Will Be Called "the New Girl Friend Scent" !!! When It Is Perfected I Will Send You A Large Bottle In The Oil Type For Your Camp Lantern! He He. The Girl Friend Is History, But She Still Calls Every Month Of So. She Moved In And Out 38 Times In 25 Yrs. That`s A Lot Of Mab Parts!!!! I Asked Her And The Ex Wife If They Still Fantasize About Me??? They Both Say HE?? No!! I Told Them Both, That They Are Lying! Snork Ron

...i didn't get to catch her and thank her or tell her she had helped a veteran. that random act still has me grinnin' to this very moment..........

i LOVE the United States of America...so full of the most entertaining & uplifting encounters despite her troubles :cool:

Hearing you Augi.....and loving what I hear. Thank you for stepping out and letting all of us know blow by blow of what you are experiencing.
Gives me hope that the kindness, strength and general overcome anything at all odd's attitude, that makes the United States a great country, is still there......even with her shortcomings.

Dude... The late BamaBikeGuy would be proud of you. I bet you can often sense him trailing your draft. When times get quiet and a little lonely remember Bama's there tipping his hat. Rock on.

Dude... The late BamaBikeGuy would be proud of you. I bet you can often sense him trailing your draft. When times get quiet and a little lonely remember Bama's there tipping his hat. Rock on.

i do think about Paul quite often when i'm riding...that you feel he would approve is a humbling sentiment to be sure, tho i would not presume to think he would be proud of me...

it's steadily rained since 8p last nite, so hard at times it woke me...a quick check showed the tent impregnable...i found yer post at about 3a during a smoke and some tunes...and took great comfort in the group's support & "presence"...

thank you :)

Awesome long distance MB tour. Glad to hear you are doing a long town crash, thats my usual way, though i almost always stealth camp, cheaper and more secure, though i usually pack up every morning, though i often leave some gear out in the woods. It is nice to use the motor to zip out the forest road in the evening, then coast into town for morning coffee. Currently mainly town crashing Santa Fe; then Chama, NM, Pagosa Springs, CO, Piedra river hotsprings, Durango, Moab, Diamond Fork hotspring, Ogden, Yellowstone, Stanley Idaho. All tentative, may go though central CO. The weather in the SW is a little easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back