My motoped Frankenstein

Cummin>stroking

Local time
3:52 AM
So ive been reading these forums for years for insight into my builds( ive done 6 or 7 66cc 2 strokes) but i have had more issues than i care to think about. Mostly needle bearing failure, and a couple stripped crank studs. So ive been debating a four stroke build like a 79cc predator but for the kit even on sale at 230.00 Im worried its limited as far as upgrading engine size because of the centrifugal clutch. My struggle is that i already own a 212cc predator ive had on a rototiller for a couple yrs barely used. But i also have a roketa 90cc atv i got for free and it is amaisingly clean no grime no wear, clean oil working starter. I think it just has a bad cdi or they lost the key and someone hacked up the wiring. No biggy new 5 wire cdi complete electrical harness and components on eBay for 30 bucks. Upgraded cdi,plug,and coil for another 15. Ok and a battery/ or a complete kick start assembly since its the atv electric start only version. But compared to the 212cc im looking at 100 for the billet flywheel, intake, exhaust, throttle linkage, and countless other things I'm gonna have to deal with either way. So I based my build off 2 others one very famous now wich is the motoped and damn they are sexy, amaizing design, ridiculous performance. But an outrageous price for a stretched out over engineered pit bike. And the other build is a predator 212 cafe racer style full suspension https://motorbicycling.com/threads/my-electric-start-full-suspension-predator-212-build.60384/
Anyway bolth amaizing builds so i. Combining a bit from each in mine i finnally started working on it yesterday, removed 2 stroke and chopped up my old school cruiser frame and a full suspension i had laying around also stripped the atv down in gonna use the 212cc and the rear end from tje quad for a drift trike later this year so I can piss off the new neighborhood. So now i just need to put together my sway arm and jackshaft my plan is to use 2 front fat tire rims with disk brakes and use a hub adapter on the rear right side and have my pedals go to a bmx freewheel gear off the jackshaft like the motoped. But that may be later on since ill need new front fork, rims, tires, brakes. So for now im trying to make it work with what ive got but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Especially about gearing. But anything really im just winging it.
20180309_080606.jpg
20180223_120447.jpg
20180309_194006.jpg
20180310_064706.jpg
20180310_064722.jpg
20180309_200949.jpg

Attachments

• 20180310_064735.jpg
    20180310_064735.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 262
A tube or plate between the top and downtube, I could see the weight of the engine possibly pulling that tube out otherwise. Or extending the gusset further in from the back. The screwdriver is probably strong enough to pivot the suspension but I would push it in further and maybe tape it down so it doesn't fall out.

You may need to get creative with that rear wheel or your seat is going to be really high off the ground..

Maybe just a larger size screwdriver lol. And good point on gusseting i am just waiting for my new wiring harness to see about placement of supports and electronics. And i think I'm going to build a completely custom rear swing arm

Back