My motor wont start for more than 5secs and it will onleystart if i mess with choke

holly **** ki just tried to take off my intake pipe thing and the metal cracked in half... What do i do now )-:

I think you found your problem. Must have been a cracked weld and was leaking.

Replace it and you should be good to go.

Explains the way your engine wasn't running.

Buy a new one. Get a steel one. The older and new cheap kits come with a cast aluminum piece. the good kits come with a Steel intake.

Thatsdax.com has them 12.99 shipped

Im going to get a new carb and a new intake. About a month ago i rode my bike on the street about 30 miles without a airfilter and i think i may have gunked up my carb some how. however if i find out i didnt need a new carb ile just send it back to thatsdax within 30 days and get my money back.

Running no air filter get the gunk in your engine. Riding without fuel filter get gunk in your carb.

One post in the correct forum is the way we do things here! multiple posts, or posts in he wrong forum will be deleted. Please get with the program!!!

Last edited:
so, hunter...am i to ASSUME you have no need for the duplicate topics? posting the same question repeatedly is NOT the way to win the MBc-staff's heart, i hope we see a better effort by you to help us in the future. and DO NOT post new topics about "where is my post?" you're really yanking my chain with your style 'round here...another mistake.

btw-seeing as how you've just admitted to engine mis-use in your last post, are you really still thinking you'll be able to burn a seller for your mistake? :(

My motor still wont run nearly at all. I got a new intake manifold and gasket. I cleaned the car (It wasn't even dirty in the first place it seems). I got a new spark plug wire. Even tho i did all that The engine still dose the same thing as described in the first post. It runs fine for about 5 secs then dies or as soon as you throttle it, it dies . Ive tightened every thing on the engine with no improvement. It seems like the bike should work perfectly because nothing seems broken. It just wont run no matter what i do to. If anyone has any idea what i could do to fix this mysterious problem please help. Thanks alot

Ive just made a new discovery. If i pump the gas tickler on the carb a few times before i try to start the motor it runs fine for about 10 seconts and i can get it up to full speed but then after 10secs the engine dies because it seems to run out of gas. It seems for some reason the engine is being starved of gas i dunno y tho. If Anyone thinks they got a fix for this problem or knows some way to help me out please post ^_^.

Thanks alot everyone.

It just keeps getting worse.....:(

It seems there was an airlock inside my carb and gasline that kept on coming back. I got the airlock out and the bike started up perfectly. It ran great for about 40secs then disaster hit.... The engine loudly started buzzing and then turned off. Now the engines pistons wont pump at all when i use the glutch. Its like the engine just froze up and everything inside it wont move anymore.

Help what do i do now. Is my engine totaled? ? :confused:

BTW drimpact my airfilter broke off some how. One minuet when i was riding it it was there the other minute it was long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back