Engine Trouble My motor won't start

I did a little bit, but I think I may need to take throttle assembly apart and adjust that little seat ring on the pin, take the screw all the way out and then adjust it 10 turns in and go from there

I did a little bit, but I think I may need to take throttle assembly apart and adjust that little seat ring on the pin, take the screw all the way out and then adjust it 10 turns in and go from there
The position of that clip on the needle valve has alot to do with your elevation above sea level.
You are at sea level in Dover and Dover Point Road area, even near the old mill bldg/apartments downtown your no higher than 60 to 70 ft above sea level...As Newicks is off of Dover Point Rd. and their fishing boat goes out from its pier right in back of the restaurant, that pretty much tells you your elevation.

Make sure that clip on the needle valve is in the center postion then see how it runs and report back to us with how it ran etc. and then I may or may not have further instruction depending on what you report back.

Make sure you ride it at least a half hour or so and when you go to start it, lift the choke lever all the way up and then push it down again after about 30 to 45 seconds or so.

My motor won't start and the motor is also brand new. Came with a bad spark plug, fixed that issue and was able to get it to a point where it seems like it wants to start, but nope no go. I’m thinking I there may be an issue with carb. I even tried to spray starter fluid in the carb to see if that would help, but of course it didn’t. It almost seems like it’s not getting gas. But there is def gas in the carb, there’s a little button on bottom of bowl, when I press it has comes out soo… ??? I don’t know what’s up??
Is this the first engine you've ever tried? I remember I tried for two weeks to start my first engine with having no knowledge about them. Then I realized, the engine wasn't even turning over. The clutch pads were oily from the factory! Cleaned them with brake fluid and it started right up. Just a little info from my experience that probably won't be helpful in this instance but good to keep in the back of your mind.

Yes this is my first engine. I road it today and was able to adjust the screw and got it to idle to just fine. I didn’t move the ring on the pin though, just adjusted the idle screw

I do have a new question though. I’m a medium heavy guy, weighing about 220lbs. I’m thinking about getting a new rear sprocket maybe a 44 tooth. But I just that a sprocket with 56 teeth is available. Soo my question is which one do you guys think would be better for torque and top speed??

I do have a new question though. I’m a medium heavy guy, weighing about 220lbs. I’m thinking about getting a new rear sprocket maybe a 44 tooth. But I just that a sprocket with 56 teeth is available. Soo my question is which one do you guys think would be better for torque and top speed??
I'm the same weight you are, what motor kit did you buy???...How many CCs???...What sprocket are you using right now???

What is more important to you???...Get up and go, meaning torque, or just ease into it and develop top end speed???

I didn’t move the ring on the pin though
It is very very important to know exactly on what groove that is set on...If it is too lean at your altitude you WILL burn out the motor in rather quick order.

That will be the very last I will have to say on that subject since I already mentioned that the needle needs to be adjusted for the sea level elevation of the seacoast communities of New Hampshire.

Ps...Didn't you think it was strange that someone in the high desert of New Mexico where the first atomic bomb was exploded knows exactly where and what Dover NH is???...lol...Former Governor Craig Benson, (He started Cabletron), in Rye NH on Merrymeeting drive is also a personal friend of mine, I used to personally work on his Jeeps and other assorted vehicles to keep them running at all times...lol.

CDH Power sells a 56 tooth sprocket. My little engine would take my 200 lbs up a little dirt hill no problem with one. 56 tooth your top speed is gonna be 25 mph max though.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hahaha!! Damien that’s pretty funny, I didn’t even think of that, although I didn’t look to see where you were located though either hahaha. But yea I will definitely make sure I double check where the clip is on the pin. I got an 80cc from CDH Power motor's. It kinda struggles when I go up steeper hills, so I wanted to get a different rear sprocket. Maybe I should go with a 42 or a 44. That seems like it might be a good happy medium for torque and top end

Back