Engine Trouble My motor won't turn over

My engin was just fine it wouldn't start but it would sputter but it was turning over but now it is locked up for some reason it rolls with the clutch in but not when I release it anyone know whats up with it its brand ne
Maybe your chain is jammed

My engin was just fine it wouldn't start but it would sputter but it was turning over but now it is locked up for some reason it rolls with the clutch in but not when I release it anyone know whats up with it its brand new
It should be very hard to roll the bike with the clutch out, pull the in and roll it along and then dump the clutch out and see if you get a quick chug out of it.

I had to replace the back wheel on my 80cc bike motor, when I went to start it, the bike seemed locked up, so I took off the clutch cover and the clutches turn and piston moves up and down as should, but still the pulls where chain for motor of left side will not turn its locked how do I fix it ?

My 80cc bike motor seems locked up only on left side of motor where chain pulls is it want turn the clutch side took off clutch panel cover the clutches turn with screw driver and pistons freely up and down but still the chain pulls want to know how do i fix this ?

If you removed the rear wheel and now it locks when you try to start it there’s a good chance chain alignment may be the problem. If the chain is trying to climb up on one of the sprocket teeth it’ll cause this lock situation.
Sometimes it’s hard to see if the chain is jambing on the front engine sprocket. It does not take much misalignment to cause this.
Be sure the chain rolls freely over both sprockets before you try to start it.

Correct chain alignment is one of the difficult areas on these motorized bikes.

I had to replace the back wheel on my 80cc bike motor, when I went to start it, the bike seemed locked up, so I took off the clutch cover and the clutches turn and piston moves up and down as should, but still the pulls where chain for motor of left side will not turn its locked how do I fix it ?

My 80cc bike motor seems locked up only on left side of motor where chain pulls is it want turn the clutch side took off clutch panel cover the clutches turn with screw driver and pistons freely up and down but still the chain pulls want to know how do i fix this ?
Take the left side cover where the cable attaches, the chain is probably jammed in there.

A 6 year old post.
If the chain was jammed, the back wheel won't turn.

Back