My motorized bike experience so far...

Navrothian

Local time
5:02 AM
It's been 7 weeks since I have taken up this hobby. It's a rain day and I sipping a few beers...

I am very satisfied up to this point, even after almost killing myself. Manufacturer of bike has replaced it, and has issued cheque to cover my lost wages and medical expenses. Without admitting fault, of course.

Quick note to those who ask if 2 stroke motors are reliable - Yes. Very pleased with grubee skyhawk and motorizedbicycles.ca . Have put 1500 km on this motor in the last 7 weeks,

List of things I had to fix or mess with so far:

Woodruff keys x 2
Throttle cable
Chain/sprocket
Tires/tubes
Carb

Other than that, it's been a pleasure. This website makes it a pleasure, it's nice to have so much experience at your fingertips. The users here have a wealth of knowledge and are quick to diagnose and give troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post here. Thanks to everyone that has helped up till this point!

Cheers

It's been 7 weeks since I have taken up this hobby. It's a rain day and I sipping a few beers...

I am very satisfied up to this point, even after almost killing myself. Manufacturer of bike has replaced it, and has issued cheque to cover my lost wages and medical expenses. Without admitting fault, of course.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post here. Thanks to everyone that has helped up till this point!

Cheers
Well there's a story. Your bicycle was defective?

Well there's a story. Your bicycle was defective?
I'm really not sure if this guy is 100% straight on... Since when does any manufacturer of a motor for a bicycle or the bicycle itself just pay lost wages for an injury sustained on a motorized bike? No one! Tell a bike maker you motorized the bike and the legal department will laugh in your face. Tell the motor maker and they will tell you there's a sticker on the side that omits them from liability.

I'm calling total bulls**t.

I have no idea what motor you guys are talking about lol The bike was 3 weeks old and the fender failed and almost killed me, end of story.

And frankenstien - if I was gonna bulls**t you it would be a much better story than that.

I have no idea what motor you guys are talking about lol The bike was 3 weeks old and the fender failed and almost killed me, end of story.

And frankenstien - if I was gonna bulls**t you it would be a much better story than that.
Who was the bicycle manufacturer?

Nav wrote about this a while back. I'm pretty sure it was a Walmart level bike - but I had the idea the fender came off, causing the crash, after the bike was motorized.

Back