My new 66cc & Alot of questions

s_beaudry

Local time
12:50 AM
Need help assembling...

Just got my new 66cc kit this morning vie FedEx. The engine and all parts were packed extremely well as I went over everything for visible damage, but could not find any.

The manual as I am sure you all know is misworded, misspelled, and very very very vague to say the least!

Just want to be sure of what I need to do, so please refer to the pictures attached for a better idea of what I am refering to...

Picture #1

The manual says to adjust the clutch, loosen the first screw (brass color) and then tighten the other two, were would they be??? Or correct way to do it???

Picture #2

The silver fitting there coming from the crankcase, does that go to the carb I am thinking???

Picture #3

The blue and black wires go to the CDI it says, where does the white one go??? And on the kill switch, where do the red and black ones go???

Picture #4

The clutch arm, just for reference, engages pointing toward the left or pointing toward the rear of the bike???

Also, the three screws holding on the cover in front of the sprocket in pic #4 are extremely tight and I (with force) can not loosen them. Any ideas to loosen them up?

And do these engines normally ship with oil in the crankcase? If not, what is best to start with?

All help greatly appreciated!

Steve

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 242
Hi sb

I found alot of answers to my questions using the search function.

Take your time and good luck

regards
Ozi

Attachments

• search.jpg
    search.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 187
Re : help assembling...

Picture #1

The manual says to adjust the clutch, loosen the first screw (brass color) and then tighten the other two, were would they be??? Or correct way to do it???
I dont usually adjust the clutch until I have had my first ride - if it needs adjustment you remove the small screw which allows the main screw to tighten or loosen to adjust where the clutch engages.

Picture #2

The silver fitting there coming from the crankcase, does that go to the carb I am thinking???

Yes

Picture #3

The blue and black wires go to the CDI it says, where does the white one go??? And on the kill switch, where do the red and black ones go???

White could be used to power a 6v light. The blue and black are the only ones that need to be connected for it to run. I run my black kill switch wire to the blue.

Picture #4

The clutch arm, just for reference, engages pointing toward the left or pointing toward the rear of the bike???

to the rear, the cable runs thru the guide on the engine body and the cable pulls the arm towards the center.

Also, the three screws holding on the cover in front of the sprocket in pic #4 are extremely tight and I (with force) can not loosen them. Any ideas to loosen them up?

I have used a #2 ( bigger) phillips head to loosen them up on some engines that were really tight

And do these engines normally ship with oil in the crankcase? If not, what is best to start with?

these are two cycles and the only oil is mixed in the gas. On break in a 16-1 ratio and after it is broken in a 20 to 25 to 1 mix. I prefer a synthetic oil but that does low down the break in somewhat.

david

Thank you for all the answers....

Just for refernence as this is my first 2 stroke with a clutch setup like this....

The clutch arms swings freely that 1/4 of a turn, is this normal?

the cable is connected to the clutch arm at the point it stops swinging. They are really tight when first assembled. When you pull on the cable it pulls the cable farther into the center and pushes the clutch to " neutral" when it releases the clutch is engaged.

Here's some pics

Here are two pictures of my clutch assembly that I posted in error on another thread. Obviously they are better here.

Attachments

• ClutchPicture1.jpg
    ClutchPicture1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 242
  • ClutchPicture2.jpg
    ClutchPicture2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 201
Back