My New Honda Schwinn Build

Fosscati FG4 Billinudgel Bullet with Decals

Well I've got the bike done now and put decals on the tank & frame and mudguards & gearbox. She is a heavy beast and I wouldn't want to get run down by her but the Honda is more than able to handle the weight. The only thing left to do is flush the motor & change the oil and connect my brass pet cock and in-line on/off switches and the only kit parts left on the bike are the gearbox, engine tray minus all its fixings, throttle, clutch lever, 2 cables, metal chain tensioner minus nuts & bolts and the tank which I've painted.
Still waiting to see if I can use the Felt Heritage for my next build. The horizontal space just above the chain guard is max. 146mm and that has to take the Grubee engine tray. Haven't got a spare tray to measure the compressed length of so if anyone knows the minimum dimension a tray can be compressed to please let me know.
Tomorrow I'll take the Bullet on a photoshoot to Billinudgel.

Attachments

• Bullet2.jpg
    Bullet2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 355
  • Bullet4.jpg
    Bullet4.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 378
  • Bullet5.jpg
    Bullet5.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 358
New Decals for the Bullet

Took the Bilinudgel Bullet out for a spin today with her new decals.

Attachments

• Bullet12.jpg
    Bullet12.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Bullet13.jpg
    Bullet13.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Bullet10.jpg
    Bullet10.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 332
Fosscati FG4 Billinudgel Bullet Paddleboat

John, looking good.

Looking at your ocean view makes me think of a paddle boat accessory.

Double pontoons as a trailer. Then roll the bike onto them. Rack up front to control the rudder by turning the handlebars and rear wheel driving a paddle drive between the pontoons.

Might make a nice cruse in the shallow waters up the coast a fun outing. Just a thought from the top half of the Earth.

Jim

Mud Guards = Fenders?

You mentioned having to cut the mud guard to clear the chain.

I noticed from the pictures that they are what we would call fenders. Mud Flaps are generally rubber and attached to the back end of a fender.

As my friend in London says: Two great people separated by a common language. )

Jim

You mentioned having to cut the mud guard to clear the chain.

I noticed from the pictures that they are what we would call fenders. Mud Flaps are generally rubber and attached to the back end of a fender.

As my friend in London says: Two great people separated by a common language. )

Jim

I like that Quote about being separated by a common language. Australia, The US & Ireland all speak English and they all contribute fantastically to the language by adding their own words and expressions. To me a mud flap is a rubber thing that goes on the bottom of the mudguard but even if I didn't know I could work out what a fender was. It's a great electric guitar isn't it?
You guys talk about the trunk in your cars and we talk about the boot. We sometimes put trunks in our car boots and you guys sometimes put boots in your trunks!
John Lennon once said that America should pay rent for speaking English but he was only joking. If he wasn't joking the English wouldn't have to work much.
Vive la difference!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas tanks and decals

I tell people I speak American. Excuses my poor sentence structure.

It does go on and on, Lift = Elevator, Windscreen = Windshield,
Bonnet = Hood.

Actually the first rear storage for cars in the US were Steamer trunks.

Keep up the detailed progress of the Schwinn and we will manage to translate into the Colonies English. )

I like the decals for the tank and GruBee gear. I am looking hard for an aluminum (al u min na min, Alester Cook, 1950 TV from Canada program, Omnibus, sponsored by Aluminum Limited) round gas tank to install behind the seat. The thread about no output from a GruBee gear had one on the back of his build, but we never found out where he got it. I need to get rid of the China tank as it takes up space needed by my inseam

Jim

My inseam remains the same, weather I am wearing trousers, shorts or nothing. The step over height of the Schwinn Searcher and my inseam are just about equal. The tank cuts down on the usable top tube and increases the chance of me finding my toes above the ground at zero velocity and an impending fall. )

BTW, It would appear you took highway 1, the Pacific Highway up to Billinudgel for your bike pictures? Never knew AU had so many waterways. Looks like a great place to live. Thank you Google.

Jim

What is an inseam Jim? Is it the inside seam on your trouser leg? If so you can solve the problem by wearing shorts!

Last edited:
Jim I rode from Ocean Shores to Brunswick Heads for the photos but took some on top of Devine's Hill on the way. Then I rode through to Mullumbimby and back via the old road - Coolamon Scenic Drive.

hi I was just wondering where you got the Grubee gearbox and what the cost of it was
becuase all the gearboxs i have looked at are around the $499 to $899 US:eek:
is this the price of that sort of gear box or am I looking at the wrong thing

I live in australia so the price of this products is ridicuous at the moment :mad:

thank you for any help you can give me

Back