My New Honda Schwinn Build

hi I was just wondering where you got the Grubee gearbox and what the cost of it was
becuase all the gearboxs i have looked at are around the $499 to $899 US:eek:
is this the price of that sort of gear box or am I looking at the wrong thing

I live in australia so the price of this products is ridicuous at the moment :mad:

thank you for any help you can give me
Grubee gearbox & mounting kit(without engine) from Sydney.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/50cc-4-STROK...42317QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hey, is that a springer forks with v brakes? If so please tell me where you can buy them.

BSA

hi I was just wondering where you got the Grubee gearbox and what the cost of it was
becuase all the gearboxs i have looked at are around the $499 to $899 US:eek:
is this the price of that sort of gear box or am I looking at the wrong thing

I live in australia so the price of this products is ridicuous at the moment :mad:

thank you for any help you can give me

You can buy the gearbox in Oz. From MBB Imports in Sydney. Either buy the whole kit with the Honda copy engine or buy the kit minus the motor and buy a Honda 50cc yourself. The kit isn't expensive if you get the copy engine which is called the HuaSheng.
From the prices you are quoting above the gearboxes you have been looking at won't fit on a bike and are not right for the motor you need. The gearbox by itself is probably about $120 and you'd do better buying a whole kit.
The prices won't change just yet because his shipment came when the Oz dollar was at parity with the US dollar. Maybe the next shipment will be different but that's probably some time off. He may have bumped his prices up to make a bit of a killing and if that's so then wait for the Aus dollar to improve & buy from the US. Never buy at inflated prices if you think someone's profiteering. His Honda kit is still the same price I see but the other prices look like they've taken a hike. You don't want the horrible 3 piece cranks that he sells with his current batch of kits. Hang around for a while and the market will improve.
I think you need to read more about motorised bikes before you make any moves.

I was at a the gearbox just after posting that reply and i discovered that the gearboxs i was looking at were muilt gear reduction box for rack mount engines.

i'm just looking for the monment because i'm having trouble with the first engine i bought it was a cheap chinese 2 stoke which the clutch keeps on going out of adjust went the chinese alloy(plastic):) heats up

Hey, is that a springer forks with v brakes? If so please tell me where you can buy them.

BSA

If you read back through the thread you'd see that it's a Schwinn D7 sold in Australia for Aus$820 (when our dollars were equal value) and to sell a bike in Australia it has to have front & rear brakes. Fortunately Schwinn take the decent approach and put bosses for V-brakes on the forks rather than the cheapskate method of bolting a cheap caliper brake onto the bottom of the fork tube. Those brakes are less than useless but the V-brake is excellent which is just as well because a coaster brake is about as much use as t*ts on a bull. It slows you down but that's about all it does.
There isn't a single cruiser on the market yet that I find ideal for motorising. The few that do have 2 good brakes are alloy framed and the Schwinn Alloy 7 used to have 2 V-brakes but the 2009 model has gone back to the brakeless type and it can't take any springer forks known because of it's 7" head tube.
The Felt Hertiage looks like the best host vailable but the downtube is straight and not goose-necked and probably can't take an engine - it does have springers and 2 V-brakes even if the frame is alloy. We are still waiting for the perfect 4-stroke host and meanwhile I reckon the D7 is the best even if the 7 spd hub which is unnecessary accounts for 50% of its price.

Back