My new loo frame arrived! >:D

FurryOnTheInside

Occupational therapist came to visit me on Wednesday lunchtime. She was dressed in a complete PPE suit of disposable clothing. πŸ‘©β€πŸš€ She had non-woven synthetic felt fabric overalls, with a long plastic bib over them, full arm gloves, blue nitrile hand gloves over those, hair cover like a shower cap, and a face mask, shoe covers, protective glasses over her own glasses ... etc etc
I really wanted a photo for my Insta. but she wasn't up for it. 😬
I was uncomfortable during her visit because she asked lots of questions but she couldn't show me her reaction from behind the mask and protective goggles. A lot of her questions had no relevance to my rapidly decreasing mobility and were instead just personal "getting to know you" stuff which is funny. πŸ₯³ I mean, we're surrounded by the crazy-motor-bikes and all the school idols' images on my cushions and posters and flags and figures collections lol, so those do tend to always be the subject matter when I have had conversations with new/ unfamiliar visitors in the past, haha, and that's always fun for me to enthuse about, but like, normally I can see how impressed they are that my bikes are awesome and my idols are wholesome. 😁☺
We talked about my working with dogs a little bit, and about the difficulty of dealing with sociopathic behaviour in coworkers. πŸ€₯πŸ€”
I think I won't recognise her out of PPE and that's actually pretty sad. I'll be all "uh, who are you?" πŸ˜•πŸ₯Ά

Then I got a visit Thursday afternoon from Doctor Tanya and Nurse Fiona from palliative care. It was nice to have visitors who I knew. Dr Tanya took great interest in getting to know me, and made me feel good but also a little bit embarrassed by her getting me to be such an open book. These meds I'm on atm can help someone interrogate you haha. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜™β˜ΊπŸ₯΅

Then while Dr Tanya was still here, just packing up her blood samples and stuffing her PPE into bags, I got a delivery at the front door. She got to see first hand the frustrating situation I had been describing, when I try to let a delivery man into the block to leave parcels outside my door, and am forced once again try to explain to him (shouting upwind from the door of my home) that I am not coming to the front door at all, and he has to push it open at the bottom with his shoe. 😧
Man could not figure out how the 🀑 to press the button with the number on it, and push the door while it rings, and find it opening when I release the catch from inside my apartment on the opposite side of the entrance hallway. πŸ˜«πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

He got in eventually and he had brought me a couple of items from occupational therapy services, to help me when my mobility problems accelerate exponentially, and I don't have time to call O.T. and request this or that and wait for it to arrive.
So there was a shower stoo that will crack the bath even with its rubber feet, because it can't even stand the right way around, it would not be suitable inside the bath. It can be used in front of the bathroom sink and may be very handy for washing my hair. Not that I currently have hair. Perhaps it'll help me cut my hair. 😁

Then there's the toilet frame!!! Now, this, I like!
I dont need a rail or a raised seat yet. I certainly may need it in future, so it is a practical item to have ready for immediate use. πŸ˜€

For now, it makes an absolutely perfect amplifier stand for my BLACKSTAR ID:CORE BEAM, 20W of traditional guitar amplifier technology combined with 12 digital voices for guitar/bass and bluetooth connectivity to pipe your music through it..
The best thing I've ever heard rock/ guitar pop concerts on, the perfect sound under a big Samsung telly, as well as being able to thumb along with the bass!** πŸ˜„

The angle of the raised toilet seat is just exactly the perfect angle to point the speakers up, from below the TV screen, towards my big fat smiling face!
πŸŽ΅πŸŽΈπŸŽΆπŸ˜†πŸŽΆπŸŽΈπŸŽ΅

**: I can't actually play due to running out of lifetime but I was totally gonna learn to play that lefty jazz bass that I bought after seeing Mikasa Yoko rocking Saitama Arena (right handed voice actor Yoko Mikasa, played shy lefty bassist Mio Akiyama in K-ON! tv anime, and learned to play lefty bass for the live performances). Yeah I have a thing. ☺

5-7HEAVEN

Furry, today's my day off. I'm chilling. listen to golden oldies and working on my monstrous creatuon.
Stones singing "Mother's Little Helper".....What a drag it is, getting old."
I'm 73 years old. Soon I'll be "pushing daisies".
In the meantime, I'll build and ride and live for you.πŸ˜€

FurryOnTheInside

How we will spend the next step of our existence will have to remain a mystery for dramatic purposes πŸ€«πŸ˜‡

lol,

but it just cannot be better than living in "king Hawaii while being a smart and capable motor-assisted-bicycle home-mechanic. 😲 You 'ker I wanted that life! Yeah you enjoy it properly for me!! Haha! πŸ˜† lmao! 73 years of it already, you lucky bars tard! πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚β˜Ί

Is okay, I'm making the most of my summer. πŸ˜ƒ
Got more to this story. πŸ˜‰
Exciting mail arrives in the next post! πŸ˜„

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Thanks for props, Furry.
Every day is warm and sunny here.
Life has been good to me, praise God. Wife, kids, grandkids and a good hobby job.
Dad died at 57, brothers dead at 47 and 59. Stress kills uptight people early!
Hang in there Furry. Excited to see your next post!

HumanPerson

Across the Seas, you have touched my heart and enlightend my soul, all the while giving me some intelligent conversation and
have helped me figure out alot of things. :)

I Love you FOTI for the help you give to others.

Ride Safe my Friend! :cool:

HP

FurryOnTheInside

Toilet frame?! Wtf guys, stop getting weepy its about a toilet frame that makes my telly sound awesome! 🀣🀣
I'm putting a concert on now. Maybe two. Maybe Empire, defo' GANG PARADE lmao love them, weird name though. Love all WACK groups but did loads recently.
Well, its actually too hard work writing posts right now and editing them on my meds was always an entire night's work. Plus my fingers hurt like 🀬 because they are split and infected.
Luckily I got infected fingertips after they all frayed and cracked and I cleaned my oven and my neighbour's disgusting car, and now the mix of codeine in my (otc) painkillers with the dexamethasone is not such a gross high as the dex on it's own. ☺
The wind is very noisy here on the seafront because the front of the building is leaking... like a 'king bird cage! πŸŒŠπŸ’¨πŸ˜–

Right, "live" music time. 2nd term BiS because I did third term just last night. Weirdos. Love em ☺

Last edited:

HumanPerson

So what ya gonna do tomorrow FOTI?

I have some docs to deliver for a few attorneys then I will likely take a nap for an hour then pen test a few big player websites.

I pray alot while riding, just talking to Jesus and listening.
Take Care My Friend, Love Ya! :cool:

HP

FurryOnTheInside

The actual view from my toilet seat makes me laugh my arse off every time! I have FREE TRANSPORT!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

ZERO FUEL
(Β£.0.2 electricity) just plug into the kitchen socket after use.
ZERO MAINTENANCE just the cartridge bearings in the hubs which are going to live far longer than me.
ZERO TAX,
ZERO INSURANCE.
NO LICENCE REQUIRED.
TOTALLY INDEPENDENT AND
ABSOLUTELY
ZERO RISK OF INFECTION.

ITS NO SURPRISE THAT Houkago Tea Time ARE STARING!! ☝🀣