My new project

Recently I bought the Qurve from Greenline from Spooky Tooth, and I'm finally ready to mount my 48cc on it. My wife and I have been so busy with selling our house and getting moved into "transition" (living with my mom until our new house gets built) that I just haven't had time.

I got the bent seat post since I'm 6'1" and sometimes I feel like my knees are about to hit my chin when I pedal. The seat may be sitting way too high right now, and I may or may not like the handlebars set that way (I did that for a board-track racer feel). I still have some adjustments to make, but I'll work out the kinks after I get the engine on.

Can't wait to start riding again!! 8)

316_052907_004_crop_1.jpg

Looks Great !

That is a great looking bike to be sure. On the Technical side..Having your air box upside down is inviting trouble. You will need a more shallow air box cover or grind down the tubes until the air box can be mounted pointing down. Having it pointed up will cause it to collect dirt and water and then funnel it directly into your motor. Not a good thing.. But..for testing you should be ok. But..As soon as you can..Get it turned around.. Enjoy the ride !!!

That is one of the sweetest rides I've ever seen. It must make quite the sound with that pipe.

Pete

Re: Looks Great !

thatsdax said:
...Having your air box upside down is inviting trouble...As soon as you can..Get it turned around...
I thought about that, as well, and am working on getting it turned around. More than likely I'll have to fashion/fab my own...

lotsa_mpg said:
...It must make quite the sound with that pipe...
Dude, the sound is absolutely invigorating and addicting!!

iRide Customs said:
...I can never get enough of the racer style!
You and me both! When I first rode it without the motor, it was like, "Man, this looks and feels cheesy, childish, and nothing like a racer bike!" But after the motor was installed....the rest is history! It feels SO much more cool and better than anything else I've ever ridden. I can also bank and turn easier and more comfortably than my old bike (Huffy Cranbrook from Wally World).

Back