My new ride :)

CliffMopedbike.jpg

This is my third bike that I have made, these are addicting. They sure get easier to put together as I go. I like the green color, the bike is a "Moon Dog", and cost $100 at walmart. I got the engine kit and a lot of useful information and help from mike at www.simpsonmotorbikes.com
I will be road testing this one tomorrow, if the weather is as nice here as it was today.

Really good...the engine and frame look purpose-built for eachother.
Man u guys are lucky overthere with that Walmart........don't worry,i'm just jealous.

Very nice Wallyworld cruiser! Looks like a good 70cc setup, should be fast. Just remember to secure the muffler somehow (i've found less exhaust gasket failures once I clamped the muffler to the frame) and I've read here that the fenders are sometimes dangerous if their mounts not made a bit more heavy duty. Otherwise nice job. Should catch lots of eyes!

seat looks a little un confterable, going up and all, but i love the way that bike looks! nice job!

Very nice build. Great work. You and Doc can now be the Mean Green Team. That is a cool looking bike.

They do look nice and I gotta say that the welds are of a very high quality for cheaper bike. What happened to the original seat? I know it's a little stiff but I put a cheap seatpost suspension under it and that helped a lot. Fenders are flimsy but they haven't come off of mine yet. Course, I had 4 surgeries last year and didn't get much riding time in. All in all, I like mine though and hope you will be happy with yours.
Doc

very clean looking build enjoy looks good (kinda partial to green) have a happy time !!!! larry ca

They do look nice and I gotta say that the welds are of a very high quality for cheaper bike. <<<<What happened to the original seat?>>>>>> I know it's a little stiff but I put a cheap seatpost suspension under it and that helped a lot. Fenders are flimsy but they haven't come off of mine yet. Course, I had 4 surgeries last year and didn't get much riding time in. All in all, I like mine though and hope you will be happy with yours.
Doc
That is the seat that it came with.
I replaced the fender bolts with cable ties, and the fenders are flimsy as you say... I just shaved one side of them with a dremel tonite to stop the rattling where the chain hit it.
I am glad to hear a good review of yours, since that bodes well for mine :)
Cliff

Back