My new Toy - Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike

Rover got some ✨ BLING ✨One Eagle 🦅 one each saddle bag 🦅

DSCF6110.JPG

DSCF6115.JPG
DSCF6112.JPG

OK Greenie is a Rad Rover, what's the silver bike? Mid drive and a boat load of batteries? Both those cases holding batts? Wassup w/the seat on the silver bike, looks weird in the pic?

OK Greenie is a Rad Rover, what's the silver bike? Mid drive and a boat load of batteries? Both those cases holding batts? Wassup w/the seat on the silver bike, looks weird in the pic?

the 60v 45ah battery is in the triangle bag.
LOL the seat is this https://spongywonder.com/

I didnt think it would be comfortable but it is quite nice.

I've had Rover since 7/21/21 and almost 1K miles now.

Looking at the brake pads I realize I'm gonna be changing those about every 1,500 miler or less.
Lots of down hill trails so I'm hard on the brakes

I'm not sure about Rotors yet. I'll keep measuring the thickness But I'm thinking the rotors will need to be changed every 3K miles
I ordered a new set of TekTRO 180mm rotors $23 each. So I'll be ready when I need to change em

Looking at the tires I realize I'm gonna be putting on a new back tire every 1K miles and probably change out the front every 2 or 3 years or 2-3K miles

I ordered new brake pads. TekTRO Semi Metallic, Ceramic/Copper. $12.50 each 4pk $50
These are what came on Rover from the factory. I like em.
DSCF6136.JPG

DSCF6135.JPG

I also ordered 4 Kenda Juggerknot Fat Tires 26"x4.0" $49 each
These are what came on Rover from the Factory. I like em.
I also have 4 new inner tubes and I use Slime.
DSCF6131.JPG

I've only had 2 punctures so far and Slime made a believer out of me One puncture was from a stick 1/8" in DIA
I didn't even know I had a puncture in my tire until I got home that's when I saw the wet spot on the tire from the slime.
The stick was still in my tire.
It's really nice to be able to fix a tire at home instead of on the road
Slime is only a temp fix If I see a Slime wet spot on my tire I'll be patching the tube

DSCF6141.JPG

Of course I have a stash of 26"x2.125 Cheng Shin W/wall Classic Knobbies for my Whizzer
I wear out and change the rear tire every 1,500 miles and front tire change every 2-3 years or 3-4K miles.
DSCF6137.JPG

Yes I have a stash of tubes for my Whizzer too. I do not use slime in the Whizzer tubes
DSCF6138.JPG

Gotta have patches.
Even if I patch a tube I still change my Tubes with every tire change or every 2-3 years what ever comes first.
These patches are from Auto Zone and are for cars or M/C. Really good patches
The patches come 5 in a pkg $1.98 so Of course I bought 7 pkgs to last me a life time :LOL: I hope I never have to use em
But's it's reassuring knowing I got patches in my bikes tool kits
DSCF6140.JPG
DSCF6139.JPG

Always ready to slap on a new brake or shift cable too,
DSCF6143.JPG

The last thing I wanna do is go to the store or wait for an order when working on my Bikes.
I'm always stocked up on parts and supplies

Same here Wrench...

I have lots of in our shop (s)...

I can only guess that there will be shortages so We've been hoarding crap,,, tires,,, tubes,,, pads,,,cables and buying 2 twin bikes each time...

Of course 5 when it comes too the fat tire bikes...

At least we end up with extra complete wheels,,, forks,,, pedals,,, cables and shifters plus handle bars and levers...

Keep all things Rubber dry and cold,,, it prevents it from determination...

Jt

PS: 1 Thing we all know,,, the cost of this Pedal Bike crap is going to increase in costs,,, get it now even if you don't need it...

Shortages are all ready here...

If it can be replaced in 2 or 3 years then do it as we sell off the old inventory to replenish the stock pile...

It's a old military inventory trick,,, that way there is a back up of up-dated supplies that are fresh at all times...

My TekTRO 180mm Rotors arrived today.
I'll be hanging em up in the garage until the other ones wear out or I damage one on a rock or something

Thickness Tolerances - New they are 1.8mm thick and at 1.5mm they should be replaced
Max 1.8mm - Min 1.5mm

I measured my Rotors after 1K miles and they are 1.74mm thick.
So looks like maybe their gonna last 5K miles riding like I'm riding now
I'll have to keep measuring them to find out how long they'll last. But I'm ready with a new replacement
DSCF6153.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6162.JPG
    DSCF6162.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF6161.JPG
    DSCF6161.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF6160.JPG
    DSCF6160.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF6159.JPG
    DSCF6159.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 120
Rode Rover on the lake shore yesterday and rode thru the woods that grows on the dry part of the lake.
This dry part of the lake is just as big as the lake itself and after a few more expeditions I'll have explored it all. Then I'll know the Best paths thru this stuff.
It was a fresh & crispy 53*F nice day

DSCF6171.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6172.JPG
    DSCF6172.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF6173.JPG
    DSCF6173.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF6174.JPG
    DSCF6174.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF6175.JPG
    DSCF6175.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF6176.JPG
    DSCF6176.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF6178.JPG
    DSCF6178.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF6179.JPG
    DSCF6179.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF5438.JPG
    DSCF5438.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 108
Wow, that's awesome Wrench, I like the looks of not frozen,,, whats the name of those mountains in the back ground if I may ask,,, that looks like a fairly good size Lake...

Smooth as glass on the calm days it looks like...

Back