My new Toy - Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike

I got my battery caps in the mail today. This is another part that is not offered by Rad Power Bikes and should be.
They come in a 4 pack 2 gray ones for battery and 2 red ones for the bike battery tray.
It's nice ya get 2 caps for the battery and 2 caps for the battery tray. Extra caps in case ya loose one or have an extra battery
DSCF4135.JPG

The caps help keep any dirt or water from getting into battery tray when the battery is not installed.
DSCF4138.JPGDSCF4136.JPG

Caps the battery so ya don't have a accident and short it out on something while the battery is out of the bike.
DSCF4133.JPGDSCF4134.JPG

The caps keep all the connections nice and clean and corrosion free. (y)
The guy I bought these caps from 3D printed these and he has sold almost 1K of them already for $12.50 4pk
He did a really good job printing them (y) They all fit nice and tight and have a handy pull string on them.

No. - I'm the second owner. - - Ever since I bought the car, I've loved the 289s. I still think the 289 Mustang is a far nicer car to drive than the 390s. - Not so nose heavy. And mine was equipped exactly as I would have ordered it new - Loden Green, 289 fastback 4speed - posi - 600 Holley, - no console - radio - that's it. Everything you need, nothing you don't.

nicer car to drive than the 390s. - Not so nose heavy.
I had the 390 4 speed in my 1969, turquoise, Ford Fairlane fastback...(I think that was the last year before they just called them Torino's instead)...since that car was so long and so heavy, i never noticed it to be nose heavy...lol...Another car i truly miss...DAMIEN

Looked that bike up and it seems like a nice setup. Didn;t see different frame size choices, weird. Did you buy the second battery extra?

I had the 390 4 speed in my 1969, turquoise, Ford Fairlane fastback...(I think that was the last year before they just called them Torino's instead)...since that car was so long and so heavy, i never noticed it to be nose heavy...lol...Another car i truly miss...DAMIEN

That would have been a nice one!

See Posts #26, 27 & 28
I took my Rover out this morning and put her through a terrain test to see what she can handle.
Within 1/2 mile from my house I was on the trails. I rode along the dry river bed and foothills.
I rode a little over 20 miles of trails this morning and there is still many more trails to explore in this area.
I have to tell ya this Rad Rover Fat Tire E Bike is a TANK she will crawl over anything (y)
Today I learned what gear to be in and what level of PAS to be in for the animal trails, and the sandy river bed
DSCF4140.JPG

These are some cool trails popular with the BMX kids and Mountain Bike guys
DSCF4141.JPGDSCF4142.JPG

Doped down into the river bed to see how she handles the sand
DSCF4143.JPG

She plows right through with these 4" tires and I have 20 psi in the tires if I put less air she will crawl even better in the sand (y)
DSCF4145.JPG

Think I ride for a bit down the dry river bed
DSCF4148.JPG
I got out of the river bed and went straight up this hill with PAS of course
DSCF4152.JPG

I rode along the hills for a bit
DSCF4155.JPGDSCF4156.JPG

The road started to get quite rocky, but no problem with these Fat Tires
DSCF4157.JPGDSCF4158.JPG

Looking back at the foothills
DSCF4159.JPG

The Rover can ride through these grass fields too with ease But their full of stickers that were sticking to my socks so I stayed on the trails and out of the grass. In the spring these fields and hills are all GREEN
DSCF4160.JPG
DSCF4161.JPG

Now the steep down hill test to see if I can kill myself :LOL: this hill is steeper than it looks in this pic
DSCF4167.JPG

I can only upload 15 pictures on a post, I'll make another post and show the rest of the Rover Terran Test

Last edited:
Just a different learning curve huh? I've actually been riding the mid drive PAS system more than my original ebike.

Have fun and Be Safe man! :cool:

HP

See Posts #26, 27 & 28
Or maybe this is a good hill to break my neck :LOL:
DSCF4168.JPG

She handled the wash ruts on that small steep hill without too much trouble, of course I tried to miss most of the ruts.
DSCF4170.JPG

I was going so fast this is where I finally skidded to a stop, Sliding like this reminded me of being a kid again
I bet I don't bounce like a kid anymore :ROFLMAO: I better be careful and not get too crazy
DSCF4171.JPG

Pic of that small hill from the bottom. What I didn't see was the bricks at the bottom I'm glad I picked a path that missed em
DSCF4169.JPGDSCF4172.JPG

Looking back at "Break your neck hill"
DSCF4173.JPG

It's down in the dry river bed again for a bit
DSCF4176.JPG

Out of the river bed and onto a Coyote trail
DSCF4186.JPG

This Coyote Trail is full of Gopher holes it might look flat but it's real bumpy and flat by no means.
Once again the Rover just crawls right over everything (y)
DSCF4188.JPGDSCF4189.JPG

It's much more fun to ride on this trail than the dirt road below
DSCF4198.JPGDSCF4199.JPGDSCF4200.JPG

Trail is getting thick again
DSCF4206.JPG

One more post of my Test ride and pics of stuff I saw

Last edited:
See Posts 26, 27 & 28
OOPS I found another steep drop (y) I made it
DSCF4202.JPG

I came across this area where the local kids Skateboard and ride their BMX bikes. It's not a park it's a drainage canal
DSCF4203.JPG

Of course I had to try my skill at riding the berm
DSCF4204.JPG

I kept going back and forth and almost wiped out once . It gets really steep up around the bend by the drainage pipe.
I went fast and high on the berm going down and I stayed high on the berm going back up then from side to side coming back down and going back up. Nice to have an E Bike to have speed going up
DSCF4205.JPG

Tractor Yard Art
DSCF4178.JPGDSCF4196.JPG

Across the street from this tractor is a Dog🐕 swimming pool just for dogs
The owners dog meets other dogs at the gate to see if their tame enough to come swim in the pool
The dogs were all swimming in the pool until I stopped to take a picture. Then they all got out and started barking at me
DSCF4195.JPG

Peacocks in the area too
DSCF4194.JPG

Young girls learning how to ride a horse
DSCF4162.JPG

Cowboys practicing roping cows
DSCF4183.JPGDSCF4184.JPG

The Rattle Snake Anti venom Goat Farm They use the Goats to make the Anti Venom
This is where Anti Venom is made for the State of California and probably most of the USA.
DSCF4193.JPGDSCF4192.JPG

I rode from the Goat Farm back through the trails along the foothills and now I'm home. I ❤️ my house and where I live
DSCF4207.JPG

When in doubt I can still throttle out :ROFLMAO:

See Posts 26, 27 & 28

Last edited:
Back