My new Toy - Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike

Wrench

Local time
1:55 PM
I got me a Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike. I also got an extra battery that fits in my saddle bags
She has a 750w Bafang rear hub and a 48v 14.5ah batttery Extra battery for twice the distance.

WOW I will never ride a regular bicycle again. PAS is like having bionic legs or I can just use the throttle grip.
On my first ride I found myself using the throttle more. I don't even notice the fat tires the bike rides and handle's great

I've got a ton of trails in the Cleveland National Forest right behind my house that I've never been on. I've been on the roads with my M/C but not the trails.
I'm looking forward to exploring these trails. Also I'll be taking this Bike with me on some RV trips.

I ❤️ to ride
Now I got a E Bike a Whizzer M/B and a M/C. Their all Unique and they all have a different Style of riding

Only a Biker knows why a 🐶 likes to hang his head out of the car window

LIVE TO RIDE & RIDE TO LIVE

UPS Delivered to my house this morning
DSCF4098.JPG

Time to get busy
DSCF4102.JPG

The Rear Rack is an accessory by Rad Power Bikes the Saddle Bags I already had. The bags are nice and big ya can't even tell I got another battery in one of them. I also carry a tool kit, 2 inner tubes, cable lock and a hand air tire pump. and I still got room for much more stuff if I want.
DSCF4104.JPG

When one battery get's low (one bar left on display) I just change the battery It's easy to unlock and remove and slap in a fresh one
Battery also comes with a charging port to charge any of your electrical devices
DSCF4105.JPG

Nice big fenders in the front and rear. Disc Brakes Front and Rear, 7 speed and 5 levels of PAS
I ordered a mirror for the left side it should be here in 2 more days
DSCF4107.JPG

I'll be changing the seat I already ordered a new nice big soft Seat by Bikeroo 10.5" x 10.5" Senior Citizen Comfort Seat :ROFLMAO: it will be here in 2 more days
I almost ordered a seat from Cloud 9. If I don't like the Bikeroo seat I can return it within 30 days with free shipping. Then I'll order the Cloud 9 seat
DSCF4108.JPG

The handle bars have a 4" rise and that seems to be fine. I'm sitting straight up and not leaning forward too bad.
I might be changing to 6" rise BMX handle bar in the future. or Maybe just changing the goose neck to the adjustable rise style.
After some longer rides I'll know if I'm gonna change it.
DSCF4109.JPG

I ordered my Rad Rover 5 in a limited edition color Forest Green.
The bike took 10 days to arrive at my front door from the day I ordered it (y) July 11 to July 21
DSCF4110.JPG

Headlight I can turn it on or off
DSCF4111.JPG

Tali light is also a brake light it also has a flashing mode if ya want the light to flash
DSCF4112.JPG

Display controls are by the left hand grip
The 7 speed gear shifter is push button to go into higher gears and a push thumb lever to down shift
There is a small bell on the left side that ya ring with your index finger. "ring ring" it's so small ya cant even see it.

OOPS I forgot to take off that sticker on the frame, it says to wear a helmet. I'll take that sticker off tomorrow
DSCF4113.JPG

Look at the difference in the 4" tire and a 2.125 Tire The 4' tire is also 29" tall
DSCF4103.JPG

Yes my Whizzer M/B is running stronger than ever and I still ride her alot but she cant go where the Rover can go - OFF ROAD

I ❤️ my Rad Rover she's perfect for me.
DSCF4108.JPG

Last edited:
CONGRATS! Ain't the acceleration FUN? My cheapo rear-hub motor makes me feel like the Incredible Hulk, too, when I pedal away from lights in top gear! (And I know hub-motors are considered slow off the line, so I can't imagine what a stump-puller yours is!)

Welcome back haven’t seen you on here lately. You got a new toy now, but it seems interesting. I like your choice. Darn you I want one ,nevertheless I must miss the spot where you said spare battery just in case battery display says one bar. I want one again.

Last edited:
Ok...So yeah...its sweet...So where is mine ???...You didnt buy me one too ???...lol...DAMIEN

Ps..."Red Rover, Red Rover, send Rad Rover right over"...lol

I did read in the customer Rad Rover reviews about a guy who canceled his order, but a couple weeks later the bike was delivered to his house. He called and told them they made a mistake. He was afraid that they would charge him for it even though he had canceled his order. He could of waited to see if his CC was charged or refunded before he called them :ROFLMAO:

They might send me another E Bike by mistake. I'll let you know when your bike gets here. :LOL:

My Skid Plate came in the mail today Rad Power Bikes don't offer this part I bought it from Ramco Fabrication.
The Skid Plate protects the wires under the frame BB. It also protects the cadence disc and sensor
DSCF4117.JPG
DSCF4118.JPG

I have to hang my bike in the garage with a bicycle hoist. Also a couple straps for safety. This bike with the rear rack and loaded bags probably weighs close to 70 lbs without the battery I keep the batteries inside A battery weighs 7 lbs and I got two.
DSCF4122.JPG

I beefed up the 45 lb bicycle hoist by changing the plastic pulley wheels to steel pulley wheels and replacing the cheep rope it came with to a rope rated to lift 150 lbs. I screwed the 2 x 6 to 2 x 4 on the rafters and I put brackets on for extra measure and 2 straps to hold the bike weight off the rope. Yes over Kill for sure But now I'm sure it wont slip and fall on the hood of my GMC SUV.

When I ride my E Bike I take it down for the day and park it in my fenced in back yard. I wont be riding my E Bike every day.
Don't forget I have a M/C and a Whizzer M/B to pay attention to. So a nice safe dry spot for her is hanging up in the garage. I wanted to bring her in the house. But my Old Lady says no :LOL:
DSCF4124.JPG

I know this set up can hold some weight because I even used a HF Bicycle Hoist to hang my 60 lb Kayak in the garage.
I put straps on that too to hold the weight off the rope Then I load the kayak with all my Kayak gear.
DSCF4126.JPG

Yes I got a 3 car garage with 2 cars on one side and my M/C and my Whizzer M/B on the other. I ran out of room so up in the air other stuff has to go. 2 bicycles an E bike and a Kayak are all hanging up. Plus other stuff

BTW These Bicycle hoists I use are $10 a set from Harbor Freight They can hold alot more weight than their rated for but they have to be beefed up by changing the rope to a rope rated for the weight your gonna hoist and by changing the plastic pulleys to a metal pulley like this with a clevis pin. The rope I use is rated for 150lbs but I only feel comfortable lifting a max weight of 75lbs with a modified HF Bicycle Hoist.
DSCF4129.JPGDSCF4130.JPGDSCF4132.JPG

I got the pulleys and rope at ACE Hardware

Last edited:
Back