My new Toy - Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike

Love the bike W but those wrench's gotta go. Looks like they'll round out a six sided bolt, be careful. 10mm, 8mm, 15/14mm is probably all you need in wrench sizes plus a good hex set. How much was the extra battery? Looked on the site and no bueno locating it. W/28ah's that's a nice long ride from my experience w/a 19ah batt only. With 2 batts the same you know when it's time to head home when the 1s batt peters out. Nice ride again. If it were me I'd get the narrower tire version. Too much realestate in between the knobbies on the fat tire for me.

"Come over for a 🍺 and a BBQ
I'll fire up the Hot Tub too, then we'll sit around the outside Fire🔥Pit and talk story."
Kinda scary thinking of Wrench in a speedo eyeballing ya in the hot tub.

Love the bike W but those wrench's gotta go. Looks like they'll round out a six sided bolt, be careful. 10mm, 8mm, 15/14mm is probably all you need in wrench sizes plus a good hex set. How much was the extra battery? Looked on the site and no bueno locating it. W/28ah's that's a nice long ride from my experience w/a 19ah batt only. With 2 batts the same you know when it's time to head home when the 1s batt peters out. Nice ride again. If it were me I'd get the narrower tire version. Too much realestate in between the knobbies on the fat tire for me.
OH I got plenty of tools (Craftsman) but the tool kit is nice and the wrenches are OK
The price of a 48v 14ah standard battery is on Rad power Bikes web site.
I was a little worried about the fat Tires being to wide, But Now I'm not after riding the bike. It wouldn't be the same with smaller tires This things a TANK I highly recommend the Fat 4" tires you can got over anything and even ride through sand.
I don't even notice the 4" tires when I'm riding on the road They handle great. With 20 psi the tires are hard I guess the can take up to 30 psi if ya want. You can even get 4" street tires if ya want I love the Fat Tires it makes the Bike more Fun.
Nothing wrong with the knobbies on the Kendal Juggerknot tires. their like that for a reason

My new seat, side mirror and tire levers arrived today.

The Seat is very soft and the springs bounce it feels good. Seat is 10.5" x 10.5"
DSCF4232.JPGDSCF4242.JPGDSCF4244.JPGDSCF4234.JPGDSCF4239.JPG
The side mirror is perfect. Automotive bash proof glass
DSCF4256.JPGDSCF4260.JPGDSCF4273.JPG
Tire levers are nice and big for changing 4" fat tires and their Made in USA
DSCF4247.JPGDSCF4251.JPG

"Come over for a 🍺 and a BBQ
I'll fire up the Hot Tub too, then we'll sit around the outside Fire🔥Pit and talk story."
Kinda scary thinking of Wrench in a speedo eyeballing ya in the hot tub.
Clothing is optional

Those battery prices aren't bad for what you get compared to others. Sems like a good deal and a great bike value.

I got me a Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike. I also got an extra battery that fits in my saddle bags
She has a 750w Bafang rear hub and a 48v 14.5ah batttery Extra battery for twice the distance.

WOW I will never ride a regular bicycle again. PAS is like having bionic legs or I can just use the throttle grip.
On my first ride I found myself using the throttle more. I don't even notice the fat tires the bike rides and handle's great

I've got a ton of trails in the Cleveland National Forest right behind my house that I've never been on. I've been on the roads with my M/C but not the trails.
I'm looking forward to exploring these trails. Also I'll be taking this Bike with me on some RV trips.

I ❤️ to ride
Now I got a E Bike a Whizzer M/B and a M/C. Their all Unique and they all have a different Style of riding

Only a Biker knows why a 🐶 likes to hang his head out of the car window

LIVE TO RIDE & RIDE TO LIVE

UPS Delivered to my house this morning
View attachment 106393

Time to get busy
View attachment 106381

The Rear Rack is an accessory by Rad Power Bikes the Saddle Bags I already had. The bags are nice and big ya can't even tell I got another battery in one of them. I also carry a tool kit, 2 inner tubes, cable lock and a hand air tire pump. and I still got room for much more stuff if I want.
View attachment 106383

When one battery get's low (one bar left on display) I just change the battery It's easy to unlock and remove and slap in a fresh one
Battery also comes with a charging port to charge any of your electrical devices
View attachment 106384
Nice big fenders in the front and rear. Disc Brakes Front and Rear, 7 speed and 5 levels of PAS
I ordered a mirror for the left side it should be here in 2 more days
View attachment 106386

I'll be changing the seat I already ordered a new nice big soft Seat by Bikeroo 10.5" x 10.5" Senior Citizen Comfort Seat :ROFLMAO: it will be here in 2 more days
I almost ordered a seat from Cloud 9. If I don't like the Bikeroo seat I can return it within 30 days with free shipping. Then I'll order the Cloud 9 seat
View attachment 106387

The handle bars have a 4" rise and that seems to be fine. I'm sitting straight up and not leaning forward too bad.
I might be changing to 6" rise BMX handle bar in the future. or Maybe just changing the goose neck to the adjustable rise style.
After some longer rides I'll know if I'm gonna change it.
View attachment 106388

I ordered my Rad Rover 5 in a limited edition color Forest Green.
The bike took 10 days to arrive at my front door from the day I ordered it (y) July 11 to July 21

View attachment 106389

Headlight I can turn it on or off
View attachment 106390

Tali light is also a brake light it also has a flashing mode if ya want the light to flash
View attachment 106391

Display controls are by the left hand grip
The 7 speed gear shifter is push button to go into higher gears and a push thumb lever to down shift
There is a small bell on the left side that ya ring with your index finger. "ring ring" it's so small ya cant even see it.

OOPS I forgot to take off that sticker on the frame, it says to wear a helmet. I'll take that sticker off tomorrow
View attachment 106392

Look at the difference in the 4" tire and a 2.125 Tire The 4' tire is also 29" tall
View attachment 106382

Yes my Whizzer M/B is running stronger than ever and I still ride her alot but she cant go where the Rover can go - OFF ROAD

I ❤️ my Rad Rover she's perfect for me.
View attachment 106394
Damn homeboy get down!

Warranty Issue
I was riding my Rover last night with the lights on and the Headlight started to flicker and it kept turning on and off.
So I checked the wire and plug. The plug was plugged in all the way and the wire looked good until I wiggled it.
Then the headlight started to flicker. It turns out the wires going from the headlight to the plug are loose.
I checked it with an ohm meter.

I called Rad Power Bikes Customer Support this morning and told them my Headlight problem. I asked for a new Headlight because the Rover has a 1 year Warranty. The gentleman at customer support was very helpful and said Rad will replace the headlight at no charge.

I asked about upgrading the 200 lumen's $24 headlight to the brighter 500 lumen's $49 headlight
The guy at Customer Support said he will send me the 500 lumen's Upgraded Headlight as a warranty replacement.

I check my E mail right away and it's confirmed Rad is sending me the Upgraded Brighter Headlight at no charge
They didn't even ask me to return the old headlight. I'm gonna fix it because it's just a loose wire in the plug.
Now I got two headlights. I'll keep the old one as a back up, I don't think I need 2 on my Rover.

The only thing about Rad Power Bikes is, from the time ya place an order to the time ya receive it. It might be 10 days or over.
But I'm very satisfied with their Customer Support also calling their Service Center and asking for advice is very helpful and their great.

Last edited:
Back