My newest build ever!

Local time
8:35 PM
So, I've been working on this bike for quite a while, but I haven't posted anything on this forum about it... It's a 1 1/2 horse Clinton engine on the bike. Here you go...

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

What a stunner! Your bike has "turn-of-the-century, birth-of-the-motorcycle-era" written all over it! Great work! That Clinton 4-stroke really intrigues me. I bet it sounds great. It's a piece of American-made (Clinton, Iowa) technology that will probably outlive all of us! I'd love to replace my MB's Huasheng 4-stroke with something like that powerplant (or a Briggs & Stratton...or a Tecumseh...)

Can you provide some more details on this build? Like how you shaped that frame? How you made those "Kestrel Motor Werkes" endcaps on your gas tank, etc.?

Yeah, I love the old engines like that. As for details, I have a bunch of W-I-P pics I'll post here. As for the endcaps on the gas tank, I made those on a CNC CAD-CAM machine of my dad's. Really cool little machine if you ask me! I wanted a bike that looked like it rolled out of the late 30's early 40's and that's what I got. "One hump bike" I love that! Any way, here's some of the pictures!

DSC00362.jpg

Bikeframe.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSCF1620-1.jpg

Mock-up.jpg

AWESOME! I have one of them old Clintons mine is a little newer with a recoil start. Can you explain your rear pully more looks like a inner ring bolted to a outter pully. With the spokes inbetween> What is the pully from?

Yeah, basically that's what it is! You hit the nail on the head, the outer pulley is a sewing machine pulley with the middle cut out. The one downside about Clintons is Clinton is out of business so the only place to get parts is Ebay... Same thing with Tecumsah. But, so far, I've never had a trouble with this engine.

Its getting the same for all old engines,even Briggs. But if you take care of them and use good 30 waight oil add a little STP should last a long time.......................Curt

Back