my next 4 stroker any thoughts or issues u can see

MasterLink

Local time
11:34 PM
here is a bike i had my eyes on for about 3 weeks now things i have been thinking about is the sealed bottom crank iam not sure what to change it to or if i can make it work i know the crank with hit ..this bike is very light and i love the seat post and forks and 1/8 head tube and flat footed style as the crank is in front of the seat tube iam really close to ordering it here is

the link http://www.rei.com/product/761465?c...erralID=1d39af04-458d-11dd-a197-000423c27407#

Possible modification?

Thats a good looking bike. The one thing that i notice is that the downtube appears to be quite large/fat OD and may require some modification to the engine mounting plate to fit properly. As for the crankset you just need to be sure and purchase a kit with the wide 3-piece crankset. Hopefully when bicycle-engines.com gets in their new shipment of 4-stroke kits they will have the wide 3-piece cranks available as an option this time?

ocscully

the 3 piece crank has ball bearings cups and races and is not meant for a sealed bottom bracket like this bike i will be able to shave the mount down a bit to make it fit and i hope i can just get smaller crank arms i hope it works like that

the 3 piece crank has ball bearings cups and races and is not meant for a sealed bottom bracket like this bike i will be able to shave the mount down a bit to make it fit and i hope i can just get smaller crank arms i hope it works like that

The 3-piece crankset will fit any bottom bracket that has a square tapered spindle. The crankset as its supplied from the various vendors for motor kits don't actually provide a spindle. They asssume that it fits the one you already have. If the bike dosen't come with a square tapered spindle, then you would need to replace the BB. There are many many inexpensive sealed cartridge bearing bottom brackets availabe that will work with this bike and the three piece crankset available from GRUBEE and other vendors.

ocscully

yea i have the 3 piece on my bike right now its just junk 7 gears now i have on my bike now and they are useless after 13 mph////////
and i dont want to lose the chain rings i have when i get this new bike and a lower 1st gear will be nice also

picture.php

That looks like the crankset that Revolution Cycles sells that for some reason I don't understand is designed to use old school english racer cotter keys to hold the cranks to the square tapered spindles. But yea all of the wide 3-piece cranksets I've seen are single chain ring.

good luck with how ever you decide to solve this,

ocscully

that dude dont sell anything lol he just emails to guys that drop ship for him ffs...grrr anyways yes its a bad setup as its always slipping and i snug it up alot

Nice bike, dont let me talk you out of it but why is it so expensive? I think you could get a great bike for half that price. Invest the money you save into your kit or bells n whistles.

Last edited:
Darwin ,
no its cool i like to think about what folks say ...about this bike ..i have tested this bike seems like you are riding on a pillow or something and the crank is in front of you . so you feel as you are sitting in the bike not on top of the bike. and the bike is about 33 lbs disk brakes good double wall rims felts are heaver Electras have a funny tube for the front detailer what have you looked at that you would fix up i guess i didnt pay alot for my bike right now and i spend about 2 hrs a day on it i need some suspension ..cas its riping me and my bike apart heheh

Back