My Next Build

FrizzleFried

Local time
2:49 AM
My next (2nd) build is going to be a Hyper Cruiser. Having picked one up for $55.00... I sent off the frame and forks to the powder coater. They have returned...

POWDERCOAT1.jpg

POWDERCOAT2.jpg

My next (2nd) build is going to be a Hyper Cruiser. Having picked one up for $55.00... I sent off the frame and forks to the powder coater. They have returned...

View attachment 179619

View attachment 179618
Use the 🍌 exhaust pipe and we'll call it the Banana Bike :LOL:

Paint job is beautiful, flawless, worth every penny
Ya probably won't even nick or scratch the Powder Coat paint job with tools

I called 3 places local.

Place one is the one I eventually went with. He says "A hundred bucks"...

Place two never called me back.

Place three says "Two hundred dollars".

As I said... I went with place once.

:)

That said... I did have to be patient. He wasn't going to set everything up for just a frame. I had to wait until he had another 'yellow' job that he could tack my frame/forks on to.

Dude did charge me tax and I did make the check out to the business name or I'd have thought he was pocketing the hundy...

:D

He's the owner...so essentially he is I guess.

Dude was gruff... and pissy looking/sounding. But he got things done.

I am a little concerned about one thing though. He did coat in to the seat post hole an inch to an an inch and a half... that damn post was snug as it was... but it's only down where the slit is for the post so I am HOPING I can get a post in there without too much difficulty.

I am a little concerned about one thing though. He did coat in to the seat post hole an inch to an an inch and a half... that damn post was snug as it was... but it's only down where the slit is for the post so I am HOPING I can get a post in there without too much difficulty.
You might have to sand it out, I've used a brake hone before but the slit is hard on it.

Anywhere on the frame ya have to put a screw, chase the threads
That extra thin layer of powder coating makes it too tight

Back