My Next Build

...it's got a design. Sunburst Yellow!

;)
So I guess it's not gonna be called the Banana bike :LOL:

Red Flames outlined w/green pin stripes would be cool

Check out @mason_man Ray's Yellow 2007 NE-5 Whizzer

DSCF8562.JPG

First progress shot. I was thwarted slightly yesterday as when I installed my brand new tube with my brand new tire on my brand new rim using brand new rim tape and brand new rim liner... for some odd reason... about 50 seconds after i fully inflated...after i set the rim aside....

>BOOOOM!!!<

Damn thing blew up! There is a good 4"-5" tear but you can see a small "*" section at the beginning of the tear that is obviously where it blew. It was on the inside of the tube... but the rim is perfectly smooth double walled (with no spokes popping up) and quality rim tape. There was no reason for it to blow. Anyway... they're sending me another tube gratis (actually 2 because i'd bought 2 at a time... but they can't send just one.

I'll take it.

Anyway... here we are right now.

PHAN+PROGRESS1.jpg

I do plan on replacing the pedals with some yellow ... not-quite-so-aggressive style...

First progress shot. I was thwarted slightly yesterday as when I installed my brand new tube with my brand new tire on my brand new rim using brand new rim tape and brand new rim liner... for some odd reason... about 50 seconds after i fully inflated...after i set the rim aside....

>BOOOOM!!!<

Damn thing blew up! There is a good 4"-5" tear but you can see a small "*" section at the beginning of the tear that is obviously where it blew. It was on the inside of the tube... but the rim is perfectly smooth double walled (with no spokes popping up) and quality rim tape. There was no reason for it to blow. Anyway... they're sending me another tube gratis (actually 2 because i'd bought 2 at a time... but they can't send just one.

I'll take it.

Anyway... here we are right now.

View attachment 179756

I do plan on replacing the pedals with some yellow ... not-quite-so-aggressive style...
Was the initial puncture on the inside of the tube next to the rim? Once the LandRider kept getting flats. I had built a wheel with a double walled rim and put a Staton Inc hub on it. The double walled rim had little shards of metal floating around in the hollow space of the rim. They were obviously from when the nipple holes were drilled in the rim and not properly cleaned out. I had heavy duty canvas rim tape with a rubber rim liner over that and still got flats. After I cleaned out the shards the flats went away.

Back