My Next Build

Black / White / Brown. Black + White = brake. Black + Brown = running. The running lamps are different LEDs separated from the brake lamp LEDs apparently as they also light up the clear "license plate" portion while the brake lamp does not illuminate that panel... (oh, and being the dork I am I managed to install the lamp upside down with said clear portion facing upward. No biggie as it's under the bag and you can't see it anyway but if I do decide to wire the running lamp portion, I'll have to flip it 180 degrees I think. I guess it's better to illuminate the tire than the underside of my cargo bag...)
That position looks great. I noticed the plate illumination lens before but never bothered saying anything because you don't have a plate and it really doesn't matter which way it points.

You can make different sized cable ends with some solder if you have to, cheaper than new cables. I only buy new bits when I can't make my own out of something I have lying around.

...and it looks awesome and works fantastic!

PHAN_BRAKELIGHT3.jpg

OK... being I'm now out of break-in... I figured I'd dink around a little. SO... I finally adjusted the needle...

...I moved from position 3 (middle) to position 4 (one spot toward the "needle" end)...

.... and the damn thing runs freakin' like BUTTAH... maybe even a little better (I didn't go out of the nighborhood and kept it to 25 - 28mph).

I noticed three things. (1) The idle ran higher so I had to lower it a hair.... and (2) I am now getting a cool sounding "speedy pop" sound when I am letting off the gas... I assume that is the Phantom's 4-stroking... but not at ALL while giving throttle. (3) The bike smelled a little more 2-strokey when I stopped.

Partial throttle ... still golden. I think it's because my size. I'm a drag... and being a drag, it's always having to push a little harder ... keeping me out of 4-stroke.

Partial throttle ... still golden. I think it's because my size. I'm a drag... and being a drag, it's always having to push a little harder ... keeping me out of 4-stroke.
I am your size. My bike still does a teeny bit of 4 stroking at light throttle, but it's not intrusive or an issue that bothers me. I know my bike is a bit rich there, and I want it that way.

...New forks... bars... and a new (to me) goose-neck...

PHAN_NEWFORKSETC1.jpg

...to compare... here is how she looked prior to the update...

PHAN_TANK1.jpg

I am not 100% sold on the LOOK of the length. If it rides nice, I'll likely grow to like it...

Anyone know where I can get caps for the friggin tubes? The cheap bastard selling these sells the bare minimum.

...New forks... bars... and a new (to me) goose-neck...

View attachment 185040

...to compare... here is how she looked prior to the update...

View attachment 185041

I am not 100% sold on the LOOK of the length. If it rides nice, I'll likely grow to like it...

Anyone know where I can get caps for the friggin tubes? The cheap bastard selling these sells the bare minimum.
Lots more room between the frame and tire now. Check with your local auto, they might have a body plug to fit. Just rubber, but better than getting rain and bugs down in there.

Back