My Next Build

Well now poop. I'm stuck. The Grubee rim I have for the rear isn't all that well engineered. There is approximately 10-12mm of space between the rotor and the drive sprocket. That's not enough to fit my caliper head. I'm not able to find a damn caliper head that will fit thus far.

:(

Anyone have any ideas? I can't separate the rotor from the sprocket because the disc "ring" is what is being used as a jam-nut for the sprocket (it's reverse threaded).

This is just stupid. How in the hell did they engineer this thing this way? Frustration is really setting in....

Opinions! Opinions! I need opinions!

:)

Take a look at my rear brake adapter. Note the circled (in red) area. There is supposed to be a screw that attaches to the aluminum piece behind like the other 3 locations... however, as you can see, um... that's not going to happen...

Looking at the construction, etc... do y'all think it'll be good to go sans that one screw?

IMHO it looks like it SHOULD be OK considering the three other locations holding things together ... but I sure wish it was possible to use that last screw location....

[note: bike is upside down in photo]

BACKBRAKEADAPTER1.jpg

Opinions! Opinions! I need opinions!

:)

Take a look at my rear brake adapter. Note the circled (in red) area. There is supposed to be a screw that attaches to the aluminum piece behind like the other 3 locations... however, as you can see, um... that's not going to happen...

Looking at the construction, etc... do y'all think it'll be good to go sans that one screw?

IMHO it looks like it SHOULD be OK considering the three other locations holding things together ... but I sure wish it was possible to use that last screw location....

[note: bike is upside down in photo]

View attachment 180279
You could drill a hole there and tap it or put the bolt through with the head facing the disc and put a Teflon nut on the outside.

...never a fan of drilling in to a frame to be 100% honest... plus, once installed... the rim is locket to that location unless you adjust the hole (elongate...fun!). Hope the chain doesn't stretch.

;)

...never a fan of drilling in to a frame to be 100% honest... plus, once installed... the rim is locket to that location unless you adjust the hole (elongate...fun!). Hope the chain doesn't stretch.

;)
Isn't there an adjustment in the caliper for just that reason.

I am saying if I drilled that hole... I wouldn't be able to adjust my rim back and forth as necessary... I would be locked to one spot.

Can someone tell me the benefit of mounting using a muffler clamp up front (which I have) versus just mounting directly (as seen below)?

PHAN_PREMOUNT1.jpg

Seems that a "direct mount" would be the best way to go? Lowest center of gravity... etc...

Am I missing something?

Back