My next project

The tiny #25 front sprocket has triumphed over the motobecane rear wheel in the build over which stays and which goes. So a #25 47 tooth sprocket has been purchased and installed on a heavyduty standard coaster wheel. All was progressing until the axle shaft came into the picture, Schwinn China apparently in homage to the olde Schwinn USA uses a different thread count on the axle shaft so the brake/bearing race piece doesn't go.grrr.

Well while attempting to rethread the bearing/brake hub, the tap snapped off in the piece. Now I'm slowly grinding the tap out with some grinding bits and a drill press. Progress is slow and tedious.
Just got the darn thing out, now on to the next roadblock!

So I'm using all my toys, the new hand grinder with the sandpaper disc that chews up steel like butter, the mig welder, the drill press with movable vice, having a grand old time, when I'm about to mount the tire on the wheel. Its a heavy duty 20 inch with about 3 hrs of modifications on it, I'm mounting a 4 inch wide Stingray tire I scored for $2 at Wally World with a matching $2 tube and come to the realization that I don't have one of the little rubber strips that keep the spokes from rubbing the tube. Its a 30 mile round trip to get one from Wally World or wait till tomorrow and get it when the bike shop across the street opens. I could use electrical tape like when I was a kid but I'm trying not to make too many compromises on the project lest the gods of 2-stroke smite me. So the project stalls again..

Edward said:
So I'm using all my toys, the new hand grinder with the sandpaper disc that chews up steel like butter, the mig welder, the drill press with movable vice, having a grand old time, when I'm about to mount the tire on the wheel. Its a heavy duty 20 inch with about 3 hrs of modifications on it, I'm mounting a 4 inch wide Stingray tire I scored for $2 at Wally World with a matching $2 tube and come to the realization that I don't have one of the little rubber strips that keep the spokes from rubbing the tube. Its a 30 mile round trip to get one from Wally World or wait till tomorrow and get it when the bike shop across the street opens. I could use electrical tape like when I was a kid but I'm trying not to make too many compromises on the project lest the gods of 2-stroke smite me. So the project stalls again..

cut a flat length from an old innertube and maybe you can glue the ends together or overlap and tape them. electrical tape distorts weirdly with heat, i know becuase half my bike is held together with it.

Well today I wheeled the monster out and started it up. Temporary deafness was the immediate result, the cacophany was astounding. There is however a snag in that the clutch does not yet engage, more research is in order.
St.Louis007.jpg

Very nice indeed. great color scheme going with the silver on black. can't wait for the report on how it runs down the road.

Papa

The clutch on this thing needs adjusting, it only engages at full throttle and then the response isn't stellar. The vibration of the Sendai Tai Chi is much like the Kings 80cc. only more so if that is possible. My left hand is swollen after only four blocks and the noise level is extreme while the forward speed is miserly. Pedaling up to speed before revving the engine might be needed due to the small rear sprocket.

Just got off the phone with a technician at pocketbikesunlimited where I purchased it. They feel that the springs may have too much resistance and are sending me a clutch assembly. Good service.

Back