my old junk

Here is my first MotoredBike.
2311_DSCF0028_1.jpg

It's nothing special but it does run so I'm happy.

It runs

I think you did a pretty good job with the instalation. Pretty neat, and clean. It says my first. What do you have planed for next?

I got my wife to ride it friday and I'm thinking about a 4-stroke kit on something she'd like to ride.
Either a nice cruiser or a mountain bike with front suspension.(kinda boring I know)

I'd like to do something a bit more wild like a tandem.

your wife's involved? now THAT's special...wavygravy is also thinking of doing a tandem as his wife has always been a passenger, that's their style. be neat to see this trend take on steam.

one time, 2 riders (i won't say who. don't try this at home :p ) wanted to see how well a 70 would pull a tandem...so one held onto the other's elbow & off they went. 2 riders & 2 bikes, one engine...20mph easy.

A tandem would be cool but that's boring to me. I would hate to be riding the back.
I would just build a second bike. It would be fun having two racing side by side.

I'm kinda leaning towards having three bikes one for each of us and the tandem for the both of us.

I'm thinking the tandem would have to be a twin engine with jackshafts to freewheeling cranks.

just for kicks said:
I'm kinda leaning towards having three bikes one for each of us and the tandem for the both of us.

I'm thinking the tandem would have to be a twin engine with jackshafts to freewheeling cranks.

I'm building my first, with probably another to follow for a friend of the customers. Using a 33cc Rackmount, but what I wanted to tell you was the fella priced 4 places, including some Target special, chose the Sun Drifter 7 speed from my dealer.

Sun has three choices on the website, he/I chose the 7 speed because of the lower walkthrough on the backseat.

My dealer priced it, with all my tire/wheel reinforcements and 12" gel seats, at $550-575. I don't know what kind of discount I'm getting, but the price with my adaptations were $100 less than anything my customer found.

http://www.sunbicycles.com/sun/bicycles/cruiserBikes/drifterTandem/drifterTandem.htm

The other choices were the Atlas yellow industrial type, and that third one, the Retrotandem 8)

Or you could buy a (shock Horror) car! Sorry what was I thinking of? Maybe a secondhand bus? I'll go now, I'm starting to feel a little threatened.

You know, you called it junk in your title but I'm willing to bet that you weren't calling it junk when you finally got it fired up and took a ride grinning from ear to ear! :D
Doc

Back