My old school creation!

Hi, It started out as a Huffy Beach Cruiser that I bought at a Thrift Store for $15 and it kind of got out of control from there. The fuel tanks are old pump style fire extinguishers from the early 1900's and has kersone lanterns from the late 1800's which have been bulbed and wired for light along with sirens from the 50's that run off a 6 volt battery and Power Wheels motors. The sidecar started life at another Thrift Store as a pull behind cart that a small child would ride in behind a parents bike and it went from there. The sidecar frame is wooden covered with canvas and sealed. I don't know why I built it except just to see if I could and with a lot of trial and error I got what you see. My Very First motorcycle show I went to I won "First Place" in the antique class and won "Best Fabrication" of the entire show! I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, what do you think? Coming soon are pictures of my son's OCC Stingray bike which is where all this really got started. By the way thats him riding in the sidecar in the Avatar while it was in the cardboard mockup stage!
3023_my_bike_5.jpg

3023_my_sidecar4_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0236_5.jpg

3023_wood_frame_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0067_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0068_2.jpg

3023_PDR_0531_6.jpg

3023_PDR_0566_2.jpg

3023_PDR_0556_1.jpg

3023_PDR_0565_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of the cable. The Honda one looks the same, but I think it would be easier to modify. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• PICT0063.JPG
    PICT0063.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 472
Last edited by a moderator:
Got an antique horn!

Came across this antique OOOOOOOOga! horn (It really sounds like a duck quacking) and couldn't help myself. It is a hand operated horn mfg by the Siess corp. I have also installed a drum brake on the sidecar to aid in the stopping ability of my bike and am currently working on a way to operate two brakes with one brake lever. The problem I have is the drum brake on the sidecar has to be disconnected when I remove it from the bike and still allow the rear brake on the bike to function. I think I have it figured out and as soon as I get it finished I plan to post some pictures.

Lynn

Attachments

• snip horn.jpg
    snip horn.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 460
  • snip horn2.jpg
    snip horn2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 399
  • snip horn3.jpg
    snip horn3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 422
Very nice. Please post pics of the side car attachment to the frame, I'm really curious how you made it detachable. (A while back I got rid of a kid trailer just like that... RATS!)

lhemrick

I have also installed a drum brake on the sidecar to aid in the stopping ability of my bike and am currently working on a way to operate two brakes with one brake lever. The problem I have is the drum brake on the sidecar has to be disconnected when I remove it from the bike and still allow the rear brake on the bike to function. I think I have it figured out...
If you hit a snag, it appears that you can buy what you might need. You can probably remove one cable form this lever while the other cable remains operational...

Check this thread: Dual-Pull Brake Lever Works Great!

Love the brass-era accessories and the sidecar!

sidecar attachments

Very nice. Please post pics of the side car attachment to the frame, I'm really curious how you made it detachable. (A while back I got rid of a kid trailer just like that... RATS!)

I had a set of pictures posted on this site once in the past but I can't find them now. If you will send me your email address I will send them to you because I still have them on my computer.

Lynn

Cracking. Ever tried to pass it off as a vintage motorcycle cos I reckon most people would think that's from about 1900. Whats your top speed with the sidecar?

BSA

Cracking. Ever tried to pass it off as a vintage motorcycle cos I reckon most people would think that's from about 1900. Whats your top speed with the sidecar?

BSA

As a matter of fact I have taken it to a couple of local motorcycle shows and its quite priceless to watch the faces of a bunch of Leathered up Harley guys complete with all the studs when I tell them that it is a Huffy bicycle! As for how fast it is with the sidecar; I'm not sure because I either haven't been completely through the break in period with the engine yet or I'm going to have to make some adjustments with the throttle. It seems stall out prematurely if you want to say before the top speed of the bike is reached plus I'm in the process of installing a drum brake on the sidecar wheel to help its stopping ability and I've been a little afraid to see how fast she will go until I'm sure it will stop. New pictures will be posted soon if it works.

Lynn

that is the best motor bike i seen in years awesome

i have just the brake lever you need pulls 2 cables at once its on a chinese ATV for the front brakes you want it cause im strippin the quad cause the engine is junk

Changed my handle bars

I promised I would post some pictures after I got the new bars on my bike so here they are. We loaded up and went to a motorcycle show in Shelbyville, TN and got in so late I didn't want to unload so I took it to work the next day and could resist the chance to take some pictures.

Attachments

• new bars.jpg
    new bars.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 508
  • new bars 2.jpg
    new bars 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 544
Back