My Phantom Experience.

95 Degrees and 40% humidity, decided to see how it handled the heat. (Hint: Better than I did lol). On my second tank, kept it at 20:1. I can tell the rings are starting to seal more. I knew the caber rings were going to take longer to break in than the standard set, so I am being patient. I did finally go wide open, and not too surprising it's definitely a little rich, but I think the nearly 40 degree increase in air temps didn't help much. I could drop down to a 78 and likely be better off. Cylinder temp reading went up to 367 at it's highest. Definitely hot, but the extra fuel likely helped keep it tamed down somewhat. Mostly just kept it part throttle and cruised around until I was a soaked sweaty mess of a human being.

Nothing bad to report. No strange noises, leaks, or other such calamities. Handles the mild to medium hills just fine, though it does slow down some once they start getting steeper. Long steep hills might be the biggest issue I have with the current gearing and the fact that I am a sasquatch on wheels.

95 Degrees and 40% humidity, decided to see how it handled the heat. (Hint: Better than I did lol). On my second tank, kept it at 20:1. I can tell the rings are starting to seal more. I knew the caber rings were going to take longer to break in than the standard set, so I am being patient. I did finally go wide open, and not too surprising it's definitely a little rich, but I think the nearly 40 degree increase in air temps didn't help much. I could drop down to a 78 and likely be better off. Cylinder temp reading went up to 367 at it's highest. Definitely hot, but the extra fuel likely helped keep it tamed down somewhat. Mostly just kept it part throttle and cruised around until I was a soaked sweaty mess of a human being.

Nothing bad to report. No strange noises, leaks, or other such calamities. Handles the mild to medium hills just fine, though it does slow down some once they start getting steeper. Long steep hills might be the biggest issue I have with the current gearing and the fact that I am a sasquatch on wheels.
I love the heat!!!! I live for this weather.

REALLY???...Its almost 7 PM here right now and it has just cooled down to 98 degrees F...Are you a masochist that just loves pain and agony or what???...lol...lol.
I ride motorcycles all the time wearing full gear. You just get used to being sweaty. I actually hate the heat, but I'm not going to let it spoil my fun.

Took it on a morning ride before the heat climbs into the Karl Loves it/"Satan's Butthole" territory again. I can tell the rings are really starting to seal now so I gave it a proper full throttle rip a couple of times down a major road I live near called "L" street. Nice straight and flat run for about a mile or so before I veered off down a couple of other roads. To say that these are busy roads is an understatement, so... yeah. I am crazy.

All I have to say is... wow. hit 43mph at about 8200-ish RPM. While that isn't probably the most impressive, it's the ease at which it pulled to that speed that truly impressed me. My first bike never could have even reached that speed, and it took longer for it to reach 30mph than this did to reach 43. I will say this though, that is plenty fast enough for me. I don't get you speed demons who are trying to reach 50+ mph, it's sketchy as hell past 35. My phantom loves to cruise along right at 30mph around 6000rpm at part throttle, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

If this thing holds together for a while I will be quite pleased. My Borescope view through the spark plug hole tells me the cylinder liner is holding up just fine from what I can see. No scoring or gouging so far.

Took it on a morning ride before the heat climbs into the Karl Loves it/"Satan's Butthole" territory again. I can tell the rings are really starting to seal now so I gave it a proper full throttle rip a couple of times down a major road I live near called "L" street. Nice straight and flat run for about a mile or so before I veered off down a couple of other roads. To say that these are busy roads is an understatement, so... yeah. I am crazy.

All I have to say is... wow. hit 43mph at about 8200-ish RPM. While that isn't probably the most impressive, it's the ease at which it pulled to that speed that truly impressed me. My first bike never could have even reached that speed, and it took longer for it to reach 30mph than this did to reach 43. I will say this though, that is plenty fast enough for me. I don't get you speed demons who are trying to reach 50+ mph, it's sketchy as hell past 35. My phantom loves to cruise along right at 30mph around 6000rpm at part throttle, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

If this thing holds together for a while I will be quite pleased. My Borescope view through the spark plug hole tells me the cylinder liner is holding up just fine from what I can see. No scoring or gouging so far.
Love Satans butthole!!! lol Hot as can be!!! lmao. You are nuts for riding on L street. I don't even like to drive on it. lol. I joined the 60 club, haven't gone that fast since. 35-40 is more than plenty for my old bones, gear singles to 30-35, and cruise 20-25. Average speed on my shifter is 18. I'm off road usually though. If I want speed ( which I have lately) I ride my motorcycle. Been mobbing on it, love flying along at 70 ( highways).

Love Satans butthole!!! lol Hot as can be!!! lmao. You are nuts for riding on L street. I don't even like to drive on it. lol. I joined the 60 club, haven't gone that fast since. 35-40 is more than plenty for my old bones, gear singles to 30-35, and cruise 20-25. Average speed on my shifter is 18. I'm off road usually though. If I want speed ( which I have lately) I ride my motorcycle. Been mobbing on it, love flying along at 70 ( highways).
I ride a nearly 200hp missile of a motorcycle, and have done waaaaaay more stupid things than riding a bike down L street with that. Still, I have to say I was more afraid of going 40mph down L street on a 2 stroke powered bicycle than I was going 150mph on an open flat highway, so I also can't say I disagree with you either.

My personal high speed human catapault.
vfr1.jpg

Back