My Phantom Experience.

I gotcha now...They do not exactly give you much room with that frame...lol.
I don't mind. My buddy has a really nice Tig setup to work with and he is a very good welder. I just want to cut away part of the middle bend and bring the muffler closer to the frame. I may have him go over the factory welds while we are at it. The best part is that he likes being paid in donuts.

I made my problem worse with these new tires though. Before I just had to heat it a bit and bend it in some and it cleared. These new tires are a decent amount bigger in diameter than the old ones even though they are only 2mm wider. I am actually using one of the other reject exhausts for this little experiment. I have a new flange made up for it. I want to keep my one good original exhaust as it is for now. It may become the donor for the MZ65 down the road.

I don't remember if I mentioned it or not yet but I had them replace my exhaust as well...Faulty welding where the pipe meets the muffler.
Yep I remember. I also remember another person's exhaust breaking at the first weld on the elbow past the flange on the head. Yet another person's breaking when they tried to bend theirs. Safe to say I am more than well aware of the weld quality on these exhausts lol.

There is no way I can mount this motor to buy the exhaust any room. The only direction I could go would make the problem worse.
Refer to post 122 above for pictoral evidence of this. The Phantom exhaust was designed around the fuel tank cruiser frames so it doesn't jive well with road bike frames with big wheels.
@Street Ryderz made a cool "S" bend in his header pipe to fit his expansion chamber,

@Street Ryderz made a cool "S" bend in his header pipe to fit his expansion chamber,
The mz65 won't be hard to make work. It just needs a custom head pipe made. I am mainly holding off because I am exploring other ideas in my head, including an idea with the flex exhaust with Frizzle. Until I figure out what I am doing with that I just want the stock system to get me by.

The mz65 won't be hard to make work. It just needs a custom head pipe made. I am mainly holding off because I am exploring other ideas in my head, including an idea with the flex exhaust with Frizzle. Until I figure out what I am doing with that I just want the stock system to get me by.
I put the jog pipe on my bike, you wouldn't believe the performance. A little later I'm going to try the mz65 I have on another bike, but I have to reconstruct it first. I'll let you know how it works out.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back