My Phantom Experience.

I put the jog pipe on my bike, you wouldn't believe the performance. A little later I'm going to try the mz65 I have on another bike, but I have to reconstruct it first. I'll let you know how it works out.
Yeah I have seen the jog pipes before. I do like some aspects of them but since I already have this pipe sitting here I may as well see how it does.

What I may end up doing is using the Kaos custom flanged head pipe I ordered with the flex tube and play around with different lengths of header pipe on the MZ. I have to cut off part of the pipe with the flange anyway and it would be nice to find a length of header that suits the Phantom well for how I like to ride it. Once I find the length that works best I can use it as a template to put together a proper header with bends instead of said flex tubing.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah I have seen the jog pipes before. I do like some aspects of them but since I already have this pipe sitting here I may as well see how it does.

What I may end up doing is using the Kaos custom flanged head pipe I ordered with the flex tube and play around with different lengths of header pipe on the MZ. I have to cut off part of the pipe with the flange anyway and it would be nice to find a length of header that suits the Phantom well for how I like to ride it. Once I find the length that works best I can use it as a template to put together a proper header with bends instead of said flex tubing.
Not sure if you've used the mz65 before, but mine hits at 8000 rpm. At 7000 the engine kind of smooths out and starts pulling more, then a big hit at 8000. Maybe this could help you with the header length.

Not sure if you've used the mz65 before, but mine hits at 8000 rpm. At 7000 the engine kind of smooths out and starts pulling more, then a big hit at 8000. Maybe this could help you with the header length.
Nope. My last motorized bike had a clone pipe on it after running a stock muffler for a while. The clone pipes come in at the right RPMs for the normal CG engines even though their head pipes are rather small. I am honestly thinking of trying the clone pipe header length to start with to see how it does.

This is what I found on the clone pipe. First off the header pipe is too small and the stinger is too big. So I chopped off the header and cleaned out the end. Funny thing is there was two pieces in there to get it down to a miserable size. I bent up a new header and tacked it in place, once I was happy of its location, welded it all up. Working on the stinger now, more to come.

Attachments

• 20220827_091807.jpg
    20220827_091807.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20220827_111715.jpg
    20220827_111715.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220827_113748.jpg
    20220827_113748.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 129
This is the stinger. Works pretty good, but has a dirt bike sound. A little loud, I'll bend it down and build a muffler for it.

Attachments

• 20220827_142504.jpg
    20220827_142504.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 137
The final rendition, I chopped up a pocket bike muffler and redid it to quiet this thing down. Ha ha, the pocket bike muffler was just a hollow shell with pipe sticking out of each end. I drilled a slew of holes in the stinger and fitted the new muffler, filled with insulation, over the stinger. Sounds great now.

Attachments

• 20220828_145921.jpg
    20220828_145921.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220828_153956.jpg
    20220828_153956.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 128
The final rendition, I chopped up a pocket bike muffler and redid it to quiet this thing down. Ha ha, the pocket bike muffler was just a hollow shell with pipe sticking out of each end. I drilled a slew of holes in the stinger and fitted the new muffler, filled with insulation, over the stinger. Sounds great now.
This is very close to the idea I was having for my MZ65 pipe. I just need to tuck it a lot closer to the frame for tire clearance reasons. The only issue with the MZ is that it would require a lot more work to have it point straight down so I may just keep it in the "normal" location. I do have a clone pipe that I was going to use with my 110cc engine - also thinking it needs a larger header diameter. I could also use it or order another one.

This is very close to the idea I was having for my MZ65 pipe. I just need to tuck it a lot closer to the frame for tire clearance reasons. The only issue with the MZ is that it would require a lot more work to have it point straight down so I may just keep it in the "normal" location. I do have a clone pipe that I was going to use with my 110cc engine - also thinking it needs a larger header diameter. I could also use it or order another one.
I wanted it a little closer to the down tube, but that's all I could get with my bender, I could have got a tighter bend if I sliced out a couple of wedges out of the pipe and welded it back. But that never looks smooth. I have a piece of the flex pipe and the curve I could get in it was worse than the one I bent.

This one works well for this bike and where I ride it, it has good low end torque and I haven't tried to push it yet.

Back