My posterior is complaining, need recommendations

I just got done dealing with the seat issue myself. I had the standard seat on my hardtail mountain bike with a gel cover on it. It was pretty painful. Used to be ok when I was younger, but not so anymore. I looked around the internet for quite a while before I decided on a Schwinn "No Pressure" seat. It is big and round and very comfortable, not painful at all. It does look goofy though. I found mine at Walmart. They let me have it for 15 bucks. Anyway, heres a couple webpages I found in my recent search that might be useful.

http://chagalo.org/Bike/BicycleSeat.shtml
http://www.bicycleseats.org/bench-seat.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-No-Pressure-Bicycle-Seat/dp/B000DZGLVY

Attachments

• be84_1.JPG
    be84_1.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 277
  • fc25_1.JPG
    fc25_1.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 253
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
try worksmans extrawide comfort seat! your butt wont care what it looks like! i can ride forever with these seats on all my bikes!!

well since nobody has mentioned it yet, what about your underwear, when i used to mountainbike solid 6 to 7 hours a day, 7 days a week it sure does get sore on the old butt.

There was no way i was geting into spandex so i used to wear baggies with padded shorts underneath, worked for me and will help take the pressure of all the right parts, and will also give you a good layer of proctection for the coming winter months.

ride that MB thing - with a happy rear end !!!

i used to wear baggies with padded shorts underneath

vegas -- I am interested here
padded shorts underneath
just exactly where would one buy these

I have been watching this thread
because the OLD MOUNTAIN REAR END -- has also been getting a little sore
but - some of those LARGE seats shone -- I don't think that I am at that
point --------- yet anyway

everyone likes a cool looking MB as they
ride that MB thing

seats

Its not my butt that hurts after a long ride,its my lower back that becomes sore,Im not sure why but I think its because Im sitting slightly forward and that is not a natural sitting position, Im sure a different beach cruiser type handlebar would be better for me allowing me to sit up straighter on my bike.

Im sure a different beach cruiser type handlebar would be better for me allowing me to sit up straighter on my bike.

what type of bicycle are you riding there MotorMac ?

I have the standard mountain bike
the bending over got real old
I bought one of those extended goose necks
seems to have brought the bars up 3 1/2 to 4"
sure did make a big difference
with that raising of the bars
cables did not have to be changed
this was a deciding factor
otherwise
I would have brought those babies (handle bars) way up there

ride that MB thing

bike

Mountainman, I have a hybrid touring bike with straight handlebars and 700c wheels, its nice big and fast but theres no front shocks so it picks up a lot of vibration,yeah ,Im going to change my handlebars soon see if that helps.

Anyone having pain, get your handlebars up and back. *Far* up and *far* back.

They should be high enough and grips near enough to you that you can sit upright on your seat, your elbows bent and absolutely no weight on your hands. All your weight should be centered over your "sit bones", the knobs on your hip bones that you can feel directly under you when you sit on a hard surface. You should be able to steer your bike comfortably on a smooth roadway using only your thumbs and forefingers (but don't, except as a test).

When you have your handlebars in that position, all your bike-related aches and pains will start to fade away. Honest!

Back