my quest for 50mph with DIY and bolt-on mods.

• Thread starter Deleted member 32752
  • Start date
getting a cheap $200 wildcat ultra minarelli motor only. This package is cheaper than a maxed out phantom but with 2 more HP for a total 7hp out the box. After my research it does look like normal jug cleaning and teardown is required. But that is to be expected. this is the cheapest hybrid relli you can get. made with very inexpensive relli parts. however the jug and parts are still far Superior compared to the CG top ends. Full iron jug means no more stripped threads and so on.
I will also have to do my normal port work throughout and balance the crank. when moded i should get around 9-10 hp and top at 55-65mph

word is if everything is done correctly with care and proper break in. these kits can last a long time. only parts I have to buy to run stock is a reed, carb and for good measure a HD clutch spring. I got everything else. later i can get the good bearings seals and so forth.

Decided on this hybrid over the rest because of HP for $ ratio, Reliability, time in the market, mod capabilities and the crazy powerband these nasty lil monkeys have.. If at some point jug needs replaced or im pushing for even more crazy power all i have to do is throw the athena jug and piston on it. Then send it. pulling the trigger at noon today

Ive been that way all my life but with cars mainly. buying a fast car is one thing but building yours to be fast. Is the beauty of it. Here are my last 4 cars I modded completly myself
View attachment 205338View attachment 205339View attachment 205340View attachment 205341View attachment 205342View attachment 205343View attachment 205344View attachment 205345View attachment 205346View attachment 205347
Beautiful work. If i could pick my dream job that would be it , customizing and moding cars

repainting my bike also because I rushed it and it started flaking allover. Still gonna be blue with the tan. but this time im gonna go with Aqua blue metalic. the exact color of the Camero I built my father. Bastard only drove it for 2 years then sold it. He has missed it everyday since. Hell so have I.
Screenshot_20240113_054949_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20231231_124925_Facebook.jpg

getting a cheap $200 wildcat ultra minarelli motor only. This package is cheaper than a maxed out phantom but with 2 more HP for a total 7hp out the box. After my research it does look like normal jug cleaning and teardown is required. But that is to be expected. this is the cheapest hybrid relli you can get. made with very inexpensive relli parts. however the jug and parts are still far Superior compared to the CG top ends. Full iron jug means no more stripped threads and so on.
I will also have to do my normal port work throughout and balance the crank. when moded i should get around 9-10 hp and top at 55-65mph

word is if everything is done correctly with care and proper break in. these kits can last a long time. only parts I have to buy to run stock is a reed, carb and for good measure a HD clutch spring. I got everything else. later i can get the good bearings seals and so forth.

Decided on this hybrid over the rest because of HP for $ ratio, Reliability, time in the market, mod capabilities and the crazy powerband these nasty lil monkeys have.. If at some point jug needs replaced or im pushing for even more crazy power all i have to do is throw the athena jug and piston on it. Then send it. pulling the trigger at noon today
I almost bought that motor but seen some disappointing unboxing vids so ended up getting this one. I've only ridden it once for like 10min but i could tell it's got tons of power

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-13-07-06-25-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-13-07-06-25-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 30
5hp is what i built mine up to. wasnt enough for me and got old fast. Plus always fixing the china top ends. But hey dont let the unboxing vidz detour you from better built products that is what you get with almost any kit that is cheap. Its just handled with no respect and done to quickly. but dont let a few scratches and dirty hardware stir you away cause unboxing is the least of your worrys Even the lower quality italian minarelli jugs at $40 are still better quality than any part jug for a china girl. The transfers and port designs of the minarellis are almost un matched. the iron jug is a tank from the manufacturer

5hp is what i built mine up to. wasnt enough for me and got old fast. Plus always fixing the china top ends. But hey dont let the unboxing vidz detour you from better built products that is what you get with almost any kit that is cheap. Its just handled with no respect and done to quickly. but dont let a few scratches and dirty hardware stir you away cause unboxing is the least of your worrys Even the lower quality italian minarelli jugs at $40 are still better quality than any part jug for a china girl. The transfers and port designs of the minarellis are almost un matched. the iron jug is a tank from the manufacturer
I have a mineralli cylinder from a 50cc keyway 2 stroke moped i thought about trying to use only thing is the scooter was a case read setup, its an iron cylinder

I have a mineralli cylinder from a 50cc keyway 2 stroke moped i thought about trying to use only thing is the scooter was a case read setup, its an iron cylinder
bummer wont be able to use it unless you got another case reed. wont be able to port reed that cylinder and relli's must have reeds to run

Back