my quest for 50mph with DIY and bolt-on mods.

• Thread starter Deleted member 32752
  • Start date
Painted the bike red and when I got done. I stepped back to look at it and I absolutly hated it red. Looked like I was about to respond to a house fire. so I painted it a different color or should I say many.
20240118_003915.jpg

I dread taking my bike completely apart if not absolutely necessary.
I think we must both be very close in age Robe...That is a piece of wisdom that only comes with age and experience...lol.

We both want things to just work for as long as possible without tinkering all the time...Much more fun to be able to ride all the time instead...lol.

Then why do you have a motorized bike...?...lol...
To ride all the time of course...lol... I rarely have to tinker with anything, thats what I get for building it right the first time and not modifying the crap out of everything all the time causing problems that aren't there to begin with...The reason why I buy Phantom 85s...More than enough power out of the box and a joy to ride.

Don't you remember my motto???...lol.

"It is one thing to just strap a motor on a bicycle and expect it to work, It is quite another thing to carefully, methodically and mathematically, (whilst keeping the laws of physics in mind), to build a motorised bicycle that actually DOES work"...DAMIEN

A little bit of prayer doesn't hurt either...lol.

To ride all the time of course...lol... I rarely have to tinker with anything, thats what I get for building it right the first time and not modifying the crap out of everything all the time causing problems that aren't there to begin with...The reason why I buy Phantom 85s...More than enough power out of the box and a joy to ride.

Don't you remember my motto???...lol.

"It is one thing to just strap a motor on a bicycle and expect it to work, It is quite another thing to carefully, methodically and mathematically, (whilst keeping the laws of physics in mind), to build a motorised bicycle that actually DOES work"...DAMIEN

A little bit of prayer doesn't hurt either...lol.
Alright, alright...I was only kidding...lol..

I have to give your credit for the most bike tear downs on the forums! I dread taking my bike completely apart if not absolutely necessary. Nice work.
not really a teardown that motor is blown only a mock up for pics everything only had 1 bolt in it to see what the bike would look like. but yes ive done many teardowns. the one advantage of that is I can literally take an engine kit and install it on a bike and have.it running in under 15min. I can also swap out a piston in about the same time. lol

Back