My ram air

thats awsome, what size of tubing did you use and where did you obtain it? was it hard to fit onto the carb? i want to make one for myself.

ok now theoretically speaking, what if you were to spread out the open end into a funnel shape and put an rc plane motor in there with a prop to suck the air in, would that give a noticeable improvement?

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I was going to suggest. Cut the end of a plastic funnel and add it to the pipe for a flare! Also, I noticed you have a rivit or bolt thru the pipe to secure it. Try to eliminate anything that will disrupt the airflow thru the pipe.

LOL, I wonder if a small computer fan would run off of our magnetos. Stick one of those in the end for a super charger! LOL!

You better be careful. If you jam too much air into the carb it will lean it out way too much and you will kill your engine. These carbs need vacuum to pull fuel from the bowl. If you have pressure instead of vacuum you will lean it out. A lean mixture will run better but it will take it's toll on the engine. You would need fuel injection to compensate for the extra air to keep the mixture correct.

Jim

Last edited:
OK, so two things:

Do you know if it would work better if you switched the engine block around so the intake was on the front? Wouldn't need that bend. I'm also asking this because the way my setup is working, or not working in this case, I got my carb bolted to ware my rear reflector is and am trying to connect it with hose, and it's ****ing me off, so I think I might switch it around.

And the funnel idea I think would work really well. I'd just find some vaguely scoop/funnel shaped object and throw it on the end.

I'd like to see how the computer fan works out, though if you could run an intake fan off the chain it might work better (because where would you get the electricity for the computer fan?).

This gave me a really cool bad idea. supercharged ram air HT with a retro table fan (like 8" diamiter) up front sucking in air.

Oh, hows the boost bottle working for you?

screw a computer fan, not nearly enough power, i was thinking more along the lines of a gas rc motor to be used to power the intake. maybe even use it for a starter (small electric motor to start rc engine, rc engine connected to ht motor to start it, with a jackshaft or something to spin the prop for the intake). it will make the bike 200% more badass with two engines.

Back