My rear wheel bearings keep breaking

C

Collin

Hey i have a 80cc huffy cranbrook and i have gone through 2 rear wheels the bearings are just braking up and the inside of the hub is all torn up any help on what i could do to prevent it from happening again

Hey i have a 80cc huffy cranbrook and i have gone through 2 rear wheels the bearings are just braking up and the inside of the hub is all torn up any help on what i could do to prevent it from happening again
Get new mag wheels or at least new rim there still expensive though for rear with or without the gears cheapest price I have found REI $48.00
I have got a pair of mag wheels never used I can let you have for $100.00 most 6 cog mags run about $178.00 the mags have 6 bolt holes for the rear drive gear.

Collin, we've already given you advice about this. It's a cheap, Chinese coasterbrake hub/wheel, they're barely able to stand up to being used for normal leg powered bike use. Be prepared to buy a new Shimano Coaster brake rear wheel, or search about for an old American made cruiser with a Bendix coasterbrake and spend some time and money rebuilding it.

You know this isn't specifically 2 stroke engine questions...

Are you pedal breaking off the hub? If you take the hub apart and clean the bearings and the race area out and apply new grease they will last a while just gotta keep them spokes tight. Its easy only takes about 15 minutes a wheel. I got alot of miles on mine i love the steel beach cruise rims

It's not the spokes that break the bearings, generally these cheap hubs have little grease in them to start and are set up from the factory with overly tight bearing adjustments. From what I gather these hubs are clones of the Shimano Sc1 coasterbrake so theoretically you should be able to over haul them with better quality Shimano CB bearing retainers from Wheels Manufacturing, but you still have the less than stellar metallurgy of Chinese manufacturing.

Back