My Schwinn Jaguar Upgrade's

I made a new solid front motor mount/torque strap to replace orginal mount that required a hole drilled through my frame. Didn't use the stock kill switch that came with the kit. Instead I installed a toggle switch in my head light's case. Added a new super bright flashing tail light. Got rid of the stock chain tenisoner and went with a design I found on a thread here. I also installed a new adjustable aluminum kick stand. First picture is a before any upgrades. Hope you like it

Attachments

• 100_0580.jpg
    100_0580.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 100_0696.jpg
    100_0696.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 922
  • 100_0702.jpg
    100_0702.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 864
  • 100_0698.jpg
    100_0698.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1,212
Last edited:
Bike looks nice and clean.See ya found some nice blue paint to match.You could always paint that rear tank I'm selling blue! (just messin with ya)

MotoMagz

Thanks guy's
I think the paint is about as close to a perfect match as you can get for the stock Schwinn Jaguar Blue, thanks to skjjoe. The paint is Duplicolor Ford Royal Blue #34. Still thinking about your rack and tank MotoMagz thats why my tank isn't painted yet.
The upper part of the L bracket portion of my motor mount that is attached to the motor by two studs(replacing two of the case screws) works as a torque strap, keeping the motor from wanting to lean to its left when power is applied and reducing the stress on the other mounting studs.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't have any good pictures of the tensioner handy at the time of this posting. I found directions on how to make it some place on this site I think, maybe another not sure. It's pretty easy to make and works great, and no worry of tensioner going into your spokes, it can't happen! It's made from a piece of 1/4" aluminum 4 electrical clamps with bolts nuts and lock washer's of course. I bought all the stuff at Home Depo for under 10 bucks and there was plenty aluminum left over to make three more. Just drill your 4 holes to mount it and drill about five holes a little larger than your stock tensioner's bolt for the adjusting slot and use a Ratail file to finnish your slot, you may want to round off the corners so there's no sharp edges, I did. Or better yet find the post I was talking about if you can, as he explan's it better than I can. Click on the pic's with your mouse for a larger view

Attachments

• 100_0655.jpg
    100_0655.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 594
  • 100_0659.jpg
    100_0659.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 599
Thanks guy's
I think the paint is about as close to a perfect match as you can get for the stock Schwinn Jaguar Blue, thanks to skjjoe. The paint is Duplicolor Ford Royal Blue #34. Still thinking about your rack and tank MotoMagz thats why my tank isn't painted yet.
The upper part of the L bracket portion of my motor mount that is attached to the motor by two studs(replacing two of the case screws) works as a torque strap, keeping the motor from wanting to lean to its left when power is applied and reducing the stress on the other mounting studs.

Man i need a welder, nice job. I also have the bolt through setup, and would live to do the same. Great info

Sorry I didn't have any good pictures of the tensioner handy at the time of this posting. I found directions on how to make it some place on this site I think, maybe another not sure. It's pretty easy to make and works great, and no worry of tensioner going into your spokes, it can't happen! It's made from a piece of 1/4" aluminum 4 electrical clamps with bolts nuts and lock washer's of course. I bought all the stuff at Home Depo for under 10 bucks and there was plenty aluminum left over to make three more. Just drill your 4 holes to mount it and drill about five holes a little larger than your stock tensioner's bolt for the adjusting slot and use a Ratail file to finnish your slot, you may want to round off the corners so there's no sharp edges, I did. Or better yet find the post I was talking about if you can, as he explan's it better than I can. Click on the pic's with your mouse for a larger view
are those tires cyclepro brand? Look like ones i just installed, about $12 each, from amazon. Would like your opinion, havnt had a test ride yet, 10 degrees today

Attachments

• 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 591
Back