Stolen My Schwinn Landmark 4 stroke stolen in Sacramento, CA

abikerider

Local time
11:37 AM
Just a heads up to anyone in or near Sacramento, California. My MB was stolen yesterday around 1pm and I'm putting out an all points bulletin. Here's a picture of my ride.
IMGP3411.jpg

This is an old picture so it doesn't look exactly like the picture. It's a Schwinn Landmark with the following modifications.
custom painted orange metalic gas tank to match the frame, aluminum mountain bike handlebars, oval mirror mounted to the left end of the handlebar, suspension seatpost, thumbshifter mounted on left handlebar, Performance rear rack with waterproof electrical junction box mounted on it for the lighting, A 4G belt drive kit on a Huasheng engine with 15mm output shaft, Manic Mechanic sprocket hub adapter and aluminum sprocket, home made magneto alternator powering a 10 watt LED headlight and an LED tail light.
California Licence Plate #C034285
Frame serial # SNFSB08M71614
Engine serial # T05010142
I've been scanning craigslist and ebay and putting up flyers. I'm offering a $100 reward for any information that leads to the recovery of the bike. Thanks

That really sucks.
You have all the info there like plate and serial numbers which is a really good thing.
It's a distinctive bike so here's best wishes to you getting it back in good condition.

I got it back! I put up around 100 flyers with a reward and it paid off. Got a call from a fellow MB builder who bought it from a shady character, saw one of my flyers, and sold it to me for what he paid which was $200. The way I see it, if the police had recovered it they would have towed it to the impound yard where it would have cost more than $200 to get it out. I put a lot more than $200 into it just in parts. I have to fix the recoil starter which they removed and lost the nuts and spacers to and they removed the licence plate so I have to get a $19 replacement. Other than that it's intact so I'm happy about that. It's been an expensive lesson but now I will use a U-lock to lock it instead of a cable lock and I'm not leaving it locked in any high crime areas under any circumstances. A word of warning, cable locks are not much of a deterent to bike thieves.

Congratulations! It really pains me to see people victimized by people looking to make a fast buck. I hope you get a darn good bike lock after this. . . if you can delay them more than 30 seconds, chances are, they'll move on to an easier target.

Back