My Schwinn OCC project

Here she is... picked it up for $20

Now to do some work on it.
I have a new front fork for it ( a 2004 Rock shox boxxer race ) that will give me disc brakes and suspension. That's the fork in the second picture.
I'm ordering the motor kit soon, and some new handlebars.

Attachments

• DSCF1782.jpg
    DSCF1782.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,407
  • mpbpic270744.jpg
    mpbpic270744.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 966
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,060
looks fun, you should look into knocking out a few chain links, once the chain stretches out, then you can nix the roller bearing all together

on the occ, the tensioner is needed for brake clearance
that's why they are all mounted under the frame pushing the return run of the chain down

wow i like what you did with the chain, i hope its reliable cause theres nothing worse than having the chain pop off at 40!

I bought the motor mount on e-bay from Barry. I highly recommend it and his exhaust as well ( which is quite loud). I made a muffler for the exhaust which helps out and seems to improve the power as well. It's a steel pipe, an end cap , and some steel wool.
The chain has not been an issue at all. I'm working on getting the fenders to fit again and the right side chain guard back on ( i lost the screws)

Attachments

• DSCF1822.jpg
    DSCF1822.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCF1823.jpg
    DSCF1823.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 266
was curious about the fork replacement my self. Getting ready to build a junkyard find OCC, and the stock forks are junk.

Back