my schwinn skyline

The skyliner makes a nice motored bike. Except for the narrow bars. I cut my shifters to half their length to squeeze the controls on.

yeah i had a similar issue i might add tail lights and when it can run at 40mph ill take it on the road for real i think its just a matter of using the first gallon of fuel though and im halfway done with it but the carb leaks fuel sometimes

I don't know how to tell when a bike is broken in, but you may want to get an inline fuel filter for your gas line. They're about $5 at Home Depot...

I don't know how to tell when a bike is broken in, but you may want to get an inline fuel filter for your gas line. They're about $5 at Home Depot...

I agree, get a fuel filter. Even autp parts stores carry them for a few bucks.
Be gentle with that beautiful bike for the first tank or two and don't run WOT for very long, just a few seconds. Find that happy speed where she sounds good. The idle screw will start to have an effet if it doesn't already then each time you ride it she'll let you open it up a little more;). It was a gradual thing with my bikes, they're rather personal since you built it so you'll know when it happens.

It looks like you still have too much slack in your chain. It could bunch up in the sprocket housing. Been there done that.
Have fun.
Scott

Back