My second build HOT ROD

My second build is going to much longer do to expanse and being a scratch build. This one is going to be my HOT ROD and will be tricking the engine out since I have my stock daily rider. Biggest thing I am trying to figure out is what wheels I am going to run or build. Any suggestions are welcome. A few things I have gotten so far.
Thanks
Jeff

These are the handlebars I will be running. They are on the way. 30 3/4 wide 3 1/4 riese does not list a pull back.

Those look pretty comfortable. I'm just glad you didn't come back with 2ft ape hangers :D

Those look pretty comfortable. I'm just glad you didn't come back with 2ft ape hangers :D

Been riding and working on motorcycles for over 45 years and have seen what apes can do to people. I like my skin where it is not all over the road and if you run apes you are going to find out why they are dangerous oneday.

Been riding and working on motorcycles for over 45 years and have seen what apes can do to people. I like my skin where it is not all over the road and if you run apes you are going to find out why they are dangerous oneday.

Yeah Exactly! Plus they look ridiculous and have to be the most uncomfortable and awkward handlebars made lol. I see so many of the "bad ass" biker types in my small town tearin ass around with em on. WHY?!?!

I've run some before and they are uncomfortable and very unsafe on a bicycle. That's why I like board track racers, they are comfortable (at least mine is). Down and dirty to the ground lol

Thanks I stand corrected. Is Riga of Latvia still in business? Any other information will be appreciated about them.
no, they went out of business in 1992.

china girls, happy times, and grubees are all clones of the Riga 7 engine, with a couple of minor aesthetic changes to make production cheaper.

there's not much info on Riga 7s, as they were fairly rare, but they came out sometime around 1970

the Riga engine may have even been a clone of a pre-war German engine, though my research on that matter has been inconclusive.

I say "of Latvia", but it would have been the Soviet Union at the time.

they are NOT clones! just "based on".

major fundamental difference being that the soviet ones had crankshaft induction, not piston ports.

at least, the ones i have seen are...

1_1_20179497.jpg

the idea is the same, the execution is the same. piston port induction is cheaper, that's the only reason they chose that over case induction.

yeah yeah, but they still are not clones. clones are IDENTICAL. :p

crank induction has many merits over piston porting... but also has some nasty quirks to overcome. still, it works for 99% of RC engines...

and looking at the way they do it, theres not much room for modifications. be interesting to actually see inside one, how thick the crankshaft is, and considering that its on the output side, thats definitely a weak point. piston ports arent only cheaper, theyre a lot simpler to implement!

call me biased, but i like the look of the soviet ones...

Another drop in the bucket my intake for the Mikuni carburetor. As you can see the ID is bigger than the OD for the stock carburetor. The Carburetor came today too but they sent the wrong thing and it is already back a FedEx.

Back